Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Reynolds 853 frame
  • toys19
    Free Member

yeah well the reviewers are just there to sell copy..

There are some other designers who talk sciencey rubbish though. Gary fisher is my fave for raging howlers..

bristolbiker
    Free Member

But the pixie dust (activated by the hidden hologram in the 853 sticker which is aligned with the resonant frequency of the frame) makes is 87.2% better to ride.

Like Balance/Balance Bands for steel you say??? 😉

clubber
    Free Member

Phew I thought no one would spot my humourous but subtle comment on balance bandz and people’s general willingness to be blinded by pseudo-science 😉

aa
    Free Member

I have an Orange R8 (Reynolds 853 main tubes). And a Bontrager privateer (tange something or other tubes). The bonty has skinnier tubes and is sooo much more enjoyable to ride as it has more of the steel feel. No scientific reasoning here, just subjective opinion.

I’d not buy because of the tubing sticker.

Macavity
    Free Member

Reynolds 853 is available in a range of diametres and thicknesses,

http://reynoldstechnology.biz/assets/pdf/rtl_2010_parts_list.pdf

jp-t853

I’ve had two 853 frames hence the user name. A Ribble R8 which was lovely and an Explosif and then in 2005 I got an ’05 Cove Handjob, Columbus Life steel I think it was then.

They are very similar in feel but the Cove is by far the best bike and that is all to do with geometry. I would say if you like the way the Handjob rides keep it.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I had a Cove Handjob (Columbus nemo tubing I think) and swapped it earlier this year for a Pipedream Sirius 853. The Cove probably rode better than the Sirius, OK the Sirius is a heavier frame but the Cove felt much more sprightly that the Sirius.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Reynolds 853 frame’ is closed to new replies.