Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Reverb remote question.
  • Davesport

I’d like one of the 2012 Reverb seatposts but don’t fancy having the remote on top of the handlebar. I’d rather have it underneath on the left side. Has anyone mounted theirs underneath ? I.E. bought the right hand lever & put it on the left side ?

Thanks in advance, D.

batfink
    Free Member

yep…. I’ve done exactly that. Works fine, think quite a few people run it that way

MadPierre

Lots of people do that. Personally I don’t but it makes **** all difference to it working so knock yourself out!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Radioman

I’ve done that too ,as have most reverb users i have seen. It makes sense otherwise you would damage the remote lever when you turn the bike upside down to change wheels etc.

proutster
    Free Member

Yes, did exactly as you’ve described and it works perfectly.

The remote sits nice and snugly next to my SLX shifters and should be (virtually) impossible to damage in an off – thankfully it’s not been crash-tested yet 😀

MadPierre

It makes sense otherwise you would damage the remote lever when you turn the bike upside down to change wheels etc.

Only if you do that. Personally I never do…

Neil-S
    Free Member

I do this on both my reverbs. I find it much more comortable.

I had to move my front shifter inboard, so I need to take my hand off the grip to shift, but I use the reverb far more than the front mech, so it’s fine by me 🙂

Davesport

Great 😉 Thanks for the heads-up 😀

D.

STATO
    Free Member

Only if you do that. Personally I never do…

^
    Roadie!!!!

rickmeister

And another one here, plus, its one less thing for your right hand to do, what with holding on, changing gear and using the front brake….

Maybe if you were continental and the left had did the front brake, a rh reverb remote would make more sense, until you turned your bike over as described above…

zangolin
    Free Member

+1 here right lever mounted upside down on the left.
    Merlin seem to have 2012 Reverbs for £194 with sale discount (12%) – don’t say which lever though?

http://merlincyclesnews.co.uk/I11-NET7-2I63EN-8YBXP-1/c.aspx

zangolin
    Free Member

Maybe not such a good deal – just read the fine print – right hand lever which is good – but no bleed kit which is maybe not so good.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

You pretty much need a bleed kit if you cut the cable. I think it’s pretty much impossible not to get air in the system/leak some fluid when you re-attach the remote.

My remote is mounted “under” the bars on the left on my bike with no issues.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Just one word of caution to this (I also run mine under the bar) and that’s that you can knock your knee on the lever. Apart from it hurting the lever is quite delicate and costs about £50 to replace (that’s just the lever not the bar mounted unit. Those cost £120 to replace 😯 )

DickBarton

I have it under bar on the left hand side…I clearly have bizarre finger positions though as my levers are inboard and in a fair bit and my shifters are outboard and I’ve got a large gap between grip and shifter and shifter and lever…the lockout doesn’t fit in the gaps so it’s inboard of the lever and it’s a fair stretch…not a huge problem, but not as ‘smooth’ as I’d like…

jamiec360
    Free Member

Any experience doing this with a matchmaker set up, I’ve got Elixir 3s and X7 2×10 shifters (might change to X9 when the new bearing ones come out) was also thinking of getting a right but running it under on the left.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Reverb remote question.’ is closed to new replies.