Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Reverb Questions
  • Scapegoat

I’m about to click the “buy” button, but just want a couple of things clearing up. In pedalling mode my seatpost has 200mm or so showing. Will a 380mm be long enough ( I suspect a 420 may be a tad too long) . How do I measure? I currently have a Thompson elite 357 post in, and I can “comfortably” insert it about 300 mm (matron!) .

Secondly, the Bike-discount deal looks about as good as it gets with delivery, the option with a bleed kit is 30 euros more. Ebay list Epic Bleed kits for Reverbs for £15 quid. Do these work or do I spend the extra on the genuine article?

honourablegeorge

bike-components.de were cheaper when I bought mine, and come with bleed kit included.

Trimix
    Free Member

If there is no obstruction inside the tube, such as a pivot for the suspension, you cant really have it too long. Play it safe and go for the longer version. If your buying it “online” you can always send it back for the shorter one.

But for the sake of a few grams I went for safety and it also allowed me to raise it further up in the frame. Mine is in a medium Transition Covert frame.

sportsmatch
    Free Member

you will be fine with the 380 I just measured my 380 and its from the
    center of seat rail to bottom of collar is just under 190 and from the center of the seat rail to minium inset line is 300mm
    mine came from bike-discount also came with the bleed kit

wavejumper
    Free Member

I was thinking the same question. In climbing mode I probably need 250-300mm height from the frame to the seat rail. I was hoping to get away with the 380mm as well and had my eye on the 125mm drop. Is there any reason to choose the 100mm drop as from what I can see it weighs more and drops less??

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Epic work perfectly.

CRC have the posts for £190 at the moment, £12 off that and 3% at quidco is cheaper than the germans,

sportsmatch
    Free Member

forget to mention mine is the 125 dropper post

Scapegoat

I measured the insertable length again and it’s actually just over 200mm, before it hits a narrowing in the seat tube prior to a bend (Nerve AM frame). If I need no more than 200mm showing, that means I’ll have 180mm in the seat tube if I buy a 380. A 420 may be just too big.

I’ve ordered from hibike.de, which includes bleed kit, at 209 Euros. Delivery is 9.90 Euros, which paypal managed to convert to £182.

Chain reaction are out of their cheap ones by the way, but thanks for trying.

mmel
    Free Member

Hello

Got some reverb questions of my own so hope you don’t mind me butting in on your thread.

What does this Matchmaker MMX attachment thing mean for the remote. I just want one that bolts to the bars like anything else.

Also, do I get a left or right handed remote if I want it to sit under the bars out of the way. Am I right in thinking that the way it’s intended to go is on top, so you’d buy the opposite hand to what you need.

Cheers 😀

Scapegoat

As I understand it the mmx clamp is removable to match it with sram shifters but can be used independently. The right lever can indeed be used upside down on the left.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Questions’ is closed to new replies.