Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Reverb b1 noisy
  • hydromonkey
    Free Member

Yes, another reverb question….

I’ve just fitted a new reverb b1 to one of my bikes and while its functioning ok it is making more noise than the older a1 version on my other bike.

When compressing the post it feels like there’s a bit of sticktion and sounds like the seals are squeaking. Theres no gritty or rough felling just feels like tight seals.

Is this normal on the newer reverbs as I know a lot of the seals have been redesigned?

jam-bo

Seatpost clamp too tight?

hydromonkey
    Free Member

Was thinking the same but opened the clamp completely and the sound is still there.

Sounds very like rubber seals sliding on the metal, I just never noticed it on the older one. The new one has a bit more resistance even with the speed adjuster at full fast.

Could be that the new one needs time to bed in but wanted to see if others had similar experiences?

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I’m inclined to say mine has similarities, stealth reverb that’s only a month old. Also thought the clamp is too tight but various torque amounts give same characteristics. A squirt of fork juice doesn’t really make any difference but may be worth it (for peace of mind if nothing else..)

benpinnick

We see those every now and again, my fix (Entirely not-sanctioned-by-SRAM) is to undo the collar, tip the bike upside down, squirt in a couple CC of either assembly lube or engine oil into the collar, wind the collar back on and go ride.

milky1980
    Free Member

Was going to type to undo the collar and put some lube down there but Ben beat me to it! Mine loosened up immediately after I put some suspension grease under the collar and cycled it a few times. I give it a top-up every month or so now and the action is much better than it was when new.

hydromonkey
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Good to know I’m not the only one.

Was thinking of doing a basic service on it to see if it helps given rockshoxs history with skimping on lube.

I’ve ordered up a complete service kit for the older a1 post as it comes with the new ifp. Was thinking that the older post might be a bit worn so might have lost its sound effects

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Reverb b1 noisy’ is closed to new replies.