Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Revelation – Stanchion Discolouration?
  • camber1234
    Free Member

I recently performed a lower leg service on my rockshox revelations (there are 3 months old) – when I removed the lowers there was almost no oil left in them.

The stanchions appeared to have slight darkening, almost a discolouration, on a section of the stanchions that are normally hidden below the dust wiper.

Is this normal, or premature wear caused by a lack of lubrication or is it a bushing problem?

Unfortunately I didn’t take a photo before I put the fork back together. Both stanchions felt smooth and there was no obvious scratches or pitting.

mr_mills
    Free Member

I had that on mine. Sort of like a tide mark. Nothing to worry about if it fits that description.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have this on my Monarch. Apparently it might have something to do with the anodising process.

warpcow
    Free Member

I’ve got similar sounding discolouration on a 2006 Pike. It’s never gotten any worse.

Andy-R

Isn’t it just the anodising fading due to exposure to light? – red ano. seems to be especially prone to this and sometimes turns to a pinky-red.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Revelation – Stanchion Discolouration?’ is closed to new replies.