Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Revelation question / used Fox value???
  • singletrackbiker
    Free Member

Just seen Revelation prices at On One and got me thinking. How do people rate revelations? Currently running Fox 32 Talas RLC's – the 130mm versions, so a few years old now. They've been Pushed too.
    Would you stick with Fox's or go for the Rev's?

What would you reckon the Fox's are worth?

nickegg
    Free Member

Having had a few sets of Fox 32 i'd say get Revs!

I dont rate Fox 32 forks at all, from a longevity point of view at least. Despite constant maintenance on the last 2 pairs i owned, stanchion wear still occured.

Just had a pair of Revs serviced after 4 months of hard use and they were fine, the same coudn't be said for some 32 Van R's i once had.

I think Fox 32's flex too much on the L/H leg due to braking forces, this and slacker tolerences in the bushings lead to pre-mature wear.

Just my opinions and experiences…..

retro83
    Free Member

How do people rate revelations?

Revs are great. Motion control damping is not as good as that in the Fox forks, but this can be remedied to an extent with the Push rebound damper upgrade.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Revs ALL THE WAY. Make sure you get the 20mm Maxle, Cracking fork! 😆

Kit
    Free Member

The Revs I had (2007's maybe?) were shit. Could never get them set up properly. I hate the dual air thing, and having just got some new Rebas I see they haven't sorted it.

Had three sets of Fox forks, one had worn stanchions, one didn't, don't know about the 3rd but performance has been awesome on all three.

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

Well that's a mixed bag!

Still own a set of 2002ish Float 100 RLC's – they have been mis-treated as the "old" set of forks by not getting serviced, but still working great and now gracing the front of my sons Spesh, replacing the oversprung (for his weight) coil RST's it came with.
    Have the 2006/7 Talas RLC (130mm), which have been pushed and some '08 Talas RLC's (140mm) with 15QR, so do like my Fox forks and had zero problems with any of them. I just saw the Rev's and was curious whether they'd be better than my older Talas forks, to see if it was worth splashing some cash, plus what I could hope to recover selling the Fox's.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I have a set of '08 Rev 426 Coil U-turns and they're great forks.

trickydisco
    Free Member

The Revs I had (2007's maybe?) were shit. Could never get them set up properly. I hate the dual air thing, and having just got some new Rebas I see they haven't sorted it.

I've got the same.. Never been happy with my revs at all (08 – 426 uturn). Rode a scott spark with fox f120 and they felt amazing!

Davy
    Free Member

I've recently swapped to a set of 150mm revs from a set of 130mm Talas, and I'm quite impressed. The seem much stiffer, (both in qr), and quite a bit plusher on small stuff than the foxes, but I don't think the damping is quite as sorted.

The stanchion wear on Foxes is bad, but it's not really a problem. My 4 year old pair were never serviced, (except for me changing the seals once), but the performance never changed. It's not possible to lose air pressure or damping oil because of the wear, as both are housed in the upper legs. It basically just introduces a bit more slop into the steering precision, and slightly reduces their plushness. The only times it can be a real problem are if you wear right through the stanchion, (which would take a VERY long time), and if you try to sell them on.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I am looking at going the other way, from a set of 409 Dual Air U-Turn Revs to a set of F120 Fox mainly to save some weight.

trickydisco
    Free Member

I am looking at going the other way, from a set of 409 Dual Air U-Turn Revs to a set of F120 Fox mainly to save some weight.

I'm the same – 100-130 426 Air uTurns to a set of F120 .. but by god aren't they expensive (especially for the QR15 version)

JA
    Free Member

I've just gone the other way- my revs were 'ok'. You know, average. They've been fine and have been looked after (came as OE on a bike I bought in 2006) by TF etc, but they're not a patch on the Fox forks. I've got 140mm Float 32mm RLs on a full-sus and they are infinately better than the Revelations; much stiffer and way more easy to set up correctly. In fact, I just bought some second hand RLs (100s) to replace the Revs which need a service. (Makes better economic sense for me to buy second hand Fox off a mate, rather than service the Revelations.)

Kit
    Free Member

Mister P & trickdisco:

I've got a set of F120RL to sell on, in normal QR version. 1 year old, in good nick, but not been serviced so no idea of the internals, but very plush, running well with no oil/air leaks. The lowers cost £129 I think to upgrade to QR15.

Drop me an email, if you're interested, and we can talk shop 🙂 Otherwise they'll appear on the classifieds.

Mister-P
    Free Member

ygm

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Revelation question / used Fox value???’ is closed to new replies.