Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Revelation 2010 150mm help.
  • Janesy
    Free Member

Anyone able to help on this one. Rock Shox revelation 2010 150mm travel.
    Have a look at the photo. when it gets to its 'limit' of 110mm there's a definight stop. Not a clang but squidge. I wouldn't dwell too much on my description. Are these in need of a service? anything I can do?

They normally bottom out near to 150mm not 110.

snakebite
    Free Member

I had this on a new set of Black Box forks, sent em back and they took some oil out if I remember…..they then went through the travel a bit to quickly so put thicker oil in…..

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Remove all the air from positive and negative chambers and compress the fork,see if you can get full travel then.

Janesy
    Free Member

Nicolaisam, I Dont.

IA

It's unlikely, but possible, the bumpers at the bottom of the lowers are displaced and wedged partway up. You'd need to whip the lowers off to check this. If you've had the forks more than a few rides it's probably about time you changed the lube oil anyway – you'll be needing some 15w, a 5mm, a hammer and some kitchenroll. A syringe will help, but isn't necessary.

Janesy
    Free Member

Just placed an order for 15wt oil and will do this in the weekend. Ive done it before. Purhaps the bumpers are in the way…

Kieron
    Free Member

The oils probably leaked out of the Damper into the lower leg.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I brought a set that had to much oil in them and this reduced the usable travel.I think if the oil leaks into the lower leg there wont be 150mm of stanchion showing.

LoCo
    Free Member

Either:

Too much oil in the upper damper side leg. (unlikely if they were getting full travel until and haven't been touched recently.

or

the spacer that separates the upper and lower leg oil chambers seal/s have gone allowing oil into the lowers.

The bottom out bumpers being out of place is unlikely unles the forks have been apart.

A service with seal change will sort the problem or you could just pop the lower off and just replace the seals on the spacer and oil in the lowers, however it would be worth checking levels in the damper leg as the amount lost may affect it.

I have separate or complete seal kits to rectify this fault.

Wally

LoCo thanks for your poplock conversion help you gave today YGM.- apologies OP.

Janesy
    Free Member

LoCo thanks, the lower legs have been off, they seemed alright for a few weeks and now this has only started to happen.

Im going to take the lowers off, check and put some 15wt oil in and see what they feel like. If its stiff fubared then off I go to TF tuned.

Thanks for all suggestions. been very helpfull.

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi Janesy I do servicing too, check the website in my profile any question e.t.c drop me a mail 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Revelation 2010 150mm help.’ is closed to new replies.