Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Returning something bought via tinterweb
  • cb

If I just happened to have purchased an all in one type printer a couple of days ago and decided I wanted to return it – could I? There is nothing wrong with it but I have unpacked it and removed all the sticky tape bits. Not used it or installed any discs etc

Just found out a few bad reviews and reports of appalling customer service and really expensive replacement ink. Bought it without my usual level of (anal) research and now regret it.

Do distance selling regs apply or is that only for unopened stuff?

Markie
    Free Member

Someone will come along shortly to provide first hand advice, but what I took from a thread which followed my asking the same question reference a tv was that yep, you can return it for a full refund even after opening / testing, provided you didnt pick it up in person!

Consumer right? Can I open mail order TV to see if too big for lounge?

TandemJeremy – Member

Distance selling regs – absolute right to return for any or no reason within 7 days.

Open it – check if its OK – if its not pack it back up and return it at your expense

Northwind – Member

DSR doesn’t have any requirement to return unused (or in a resellable condition) and would overrule any company’s ts and cs, but only for mail order.

Course, that won’t stop some shops trying to ignore the rules.

trailmonkey

should be returned in resaleable condition to warrant a full refund. this is often impossible with heat sealed packaging etc but most decent retailers know this and will cut you some slack.

don’t know where you stand with removing the tabs etc

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Returning something bought via tinterweb’ is closed to new replies.