Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Resignation Letter….
  • easygroove
    Free Member

does anyone have an example of resignation letter that i can crib, handing notice in on Monday. All on pleasant terms but heading to a fierce competitor.

Thanks

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Don’t mention the latter bit – you never know what the relationships are like at board level between companies.

chewkw
    Free Member

Can’t you just write ” I resign as of …” then go along each office to thank the person individually?

:mrgreen:

atlaz
    Free Member

That’s what I’d do. Never quite understand why people feel the need to write a full letter:

Dear Soon to be Ex Boss

I would like to tender my resignation from my role as STW-forum-skiver. Given my notice period of 1 month, my last day will be today+1 month.

I wish you all the best in the future,

easygroove

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Dear {insert name],

I hereby wish to give notice of my resignation from the post of [insert job title] as of [insert date]. An opportunity has been offered to me about which I have though long and hard and have decided it is time for me to move on to further my career.

I would like to thank you for your advice and guidance over the last [insert length of time], which I have always valued and will take with me. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and hope that our paths cross again in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Easy Groove.

(keep it short, to the point and no excuses or grovelling)

footflaps

Dear Boss,

I am sorry to inform you that I am tendering my resignation today. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and the team for x years of enjoyable employment and to wish you and the team all the best for the future.

Yours sincerely,

XYZ

porcaro
    Free Member

A resignation letter is important. Make it professional and never make any negative remarks. Always leave a company on good terms as you never know what the future may hold and I know that from experience.

easygroove
    Free Member

fyi i work in multinational professional services firm

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

what atlaz said + 1, keep it short and to the point.

I’d keep the thanking etc. and send it in an informal email on your last day.

Stoner
    Free Member

I am sorry to inform you that I am tendering my resignation today

You’re not sorry, so dont say it 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You’re not sorry, so dont say it

+1

bruneep

Poke your job.

Yours

………..

footflaps

Who says you’re not sorry?

Just because you’re leaving doesn’t mean you can’t be sorry or sad to leave.

atlaz
    Free Member

Sorry isn’t the same as sad. I’ve been sad to leave jobs, but never sorry. Sorry indicates regret, if you regret leaving, don’t go 🙂

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I concur – I finished at my job of over 5 years yesterday, working with people I consider friends as much as colleagues and I was and am Sad to be leaving. Im only left to take up an opportunity I would have been remiss to pass up which should secure me financially and hopefully I will in a couple of years be able to go back to working at a company I like being at.

Stoner
    Free Member

as above sorry isnt sad.

If you regret moving even before you’ve done it, you shouldnt be moving.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He regrets informing him/her, which isn’t the same as to regret leaving.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Don’t forget the pack of Haribo.

Flaperon

Many people where I work are on three month’s notice: is one legally obliged to work the full three months, especially when employed as a contractor to provide “services” to the aforementioned company?

totalshell

almost impossible to enforce a notice period.. you could walk out ‘sick’ immediately i gave 6 weeks notice but ny boss became so childish i left after two ( they paid me the next three months.. doh) keep the letter short and sweet you never know what might happen down the line..

molinifreeride
    Free Member

Dear Boss,
    If you want loyalty get yourself a spaniel
    Cheers.

5thElefant
    Free Member

You could adapt this:

Darling Fascist Bullyboy, Give me some more money, you bastard. May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman, Neil.

john_drummer
    Free Member

dear [boss’s name]

please accept my resignation as of [today’s date]. I intend to see out my notice period of [whatever it is] and will therefore be leaving on [today’s date + notice period]

regards
    john_drummer

it does not need any more than that. except perhaps some capital letters in the appropriate places

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Resignation Letter….’ is closed to new replies.