Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replacing helmet ?
  • RobinL

I had a fall last night which left me little dazed for a few moments, my helmet ( Specialized Decibel ) must have taken a knock. There didn’t seem to be any damage to it but I’ll take a better look later today.

If there are no obvious marks or cracks on the helmet – should I replace it just to be sure ?

It’s a few years old but it’s been treated well – till last night 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

The Spesh Decibel is ace – I killed one a few years back which was replaced with a 60% discount on their crash replacement programme.

Best to get it checked out and ask if Spesh will honour the crash replacement warranty.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The spectre of invisible damage…trust what you see fella.

jwmlee
    Free Member

The guidelines are: if you have been involved in a crash, replace the helmet (especially if it is a couple of years old).

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

I knocked my helmet/head on an over hanging branch, quite hard, a few years ago. There was no damage to the helmet that I could see but I emailed specilazed anyway just to ask, they said to send it back for a crash replacement. Better safe than sorry.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The guidelines are: if you have been involved in a crash, replace the helmet

Manufacturer in “encouraging purchase of its products” shocker!

muddyman
    Free Member

synic al either wear no helmet or heed advice of heed-gear (see what i did there ? ) manufacturer ! sorry just fancied a friday lunch time pun realy 😳

cynic-al
    Free Member

“heid-gear”? 😀

muddyman
    Free Member

depends what part of country your from . . . . . probably !?

jambalaya
    Free Member

jwmlee – Member
    The guidelines are: if you have been involved in a crash, replace the helmet (especially if it is a couple of years old).

I’d need more than one helmet a ride then.

njee20
    Free Member

The Decibel is a pretty old lid now, I’d replace it.

2Ds are fantastic, IMO better than the Prevail (I use both).

ricardo666
    Free Member

Old helmets make great plant pots around the garden 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Replacing helmet ?’ is closed to new replies.