Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replacing brake hose on Hope C2
  • nickosdialled
    Free Member

Hi!

Needing to replace hose on my Hope C2 systems with Hope stainless steel braided. What I can’t figure out is whether I need a full kit (http://www.rutlandcycling.com/5779/Hope-Braided-Hose-Kit.html) to do this or just the actual cable and a shroud…

Might just be easier to buy the kit?

Thanks 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

have you got braided now? if not, why change?

nickosdialled
    Free Member

Hi…
    No – but both existing cables badly damaged + the system needs to be bled etc, so thought I could replace with as best as I could. Also aesthetically nicer too…

clubber
    Free Member

by all means get it for the looks but they won’t work any better.

iirc braided do need different fittings to plastic hoses. If you’re still running c2s (as I am incidentally) I would just stick with plastic hoses – they’re hardly cutting edge afterall.

crofts2007
    Free Member

Be aware theat the hose size on the C2 is larger diameter than the curent hoses fitted to models such as the tech and mono. Think it is 6mm rather than 5mm? The hardware may be different due to this.

nickosdialled
    Free Member

if you think plastic work just as well, then I shall stick with that… Probably got swayed by the marketing hype 😉

Be easier to fit too!

I get the odd idea of getting newer brakes once in a while, but just love the C2s…

clubber
    Free Member

yeah they’re fine really just a bit chunky looking. no issues unless you’re riding in the Alps. As I said my 96 ones are still going strong

nickosdialled
    Free Member

Great stuff! 🙂

coatesy
    Free Member

Only problem is the old 6mm hose isn’t available any more (unless you want to search some out), so you’ll probably be buying kit with 5mm hose and fittings anyway.

boxelder

I’ve got some 6mm hose I can sell you – new and bought for tandem, so loooong

simonside
    Free Member

Why not speak to Hope, theyre helpful, very helpful....and youll get the truth!

nickosdialled
    Free Member

Actually – good idea. I will ping hope a message.

– Boxelder – that could be cool, how much cable do you have. Is it the normal plastic stuff?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Replacing brake hose on Hope C2’ is closed to new replies.