Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replacement spokes for a road bike. Where from.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Looking for a spoke to replace a spoke on a R500 wheelset but wiggle, merlin and CRC are drawing a blank. Any suggestions.?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

LBS

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

What’s a local bike shop.?

Went in today and they’ve run out of road spokes. They said if I get one from Halfords they will fit it.

I sh!t you not sir.!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

in the same boat myself; ebay, there’s a few sellers who do small numbers of spokes.

kilo

sjs cycles?

gearfreak
    Free Member

Front or rear, bladed or round? Sack your LBS and get a good one.

The following is the stock situation at Madison, any good LBS can order them in for you

Front bladed – out of stock until March £3.99 ea
    Front round – in stock £2.99 ea

Rear bladed – in stock £3.99 ea
    Rear round – in stock £3.99 ea

According to shimano website rear spokes are all the same length (normally the drive side a a bit shorter)sounds a bit weird to me so I’d measure them first.

drop me an email if you need part numbers, or I can order them in and post them to you if you like. steve at castlebikes co uk

wwaswas

Think JE James or winstanleys sell them individually.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

gearfreak, If only my local bike shops were that helpful. I have three to choose from plus Halfords and they are all pretty useless. Wheels are the only job I haven’t tackled yet and after todays disappointment I have decided to have a go myself. The wheels are a “winter” pair so I will have a play.

bm0p700f
    Free Member

Drop me an e-mail with the length you need. I have a shop and will happily post you a spoke or two. They are Sapim Race and are £0.50 each and postage will be at cost of the stamps. I will probably have them in stock. If you don’t know the length I will phone madison on your behalf and find out for you.

workshop@thecycleclinic.co.uk

Malcolm

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Replacement spokes for a road bike. Where from.?’ is closed to new replies.