Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replace my Aldi softshell
  • tomhughes46

Hey

Have had an Aldi softshell for about a year, didn’t get a new one this year, and should have done. It’s getting a bit battered, but has exceeded what one would reasonably expect of a £15.99 top.

It has a windproof (plasticy softshell) front, and powerstretch style sleeves and back, full zip, and is quite a snug fit. The replacement needs to be similar. It is also a nice royal blue colour. I quite like this. Most of my biking kit is black.

What can I replace it with that won’t cost the earth?

Cheers

Tom

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

Another Aldi top?

yunki
    Free Member

have a look at this softshell on ebay..

I haven’t bought one yet as I have a sneaking suspicion that there’ll be one under the tree at xmas..

It looks the part… underarm zip vents too which is a nice detail and it is at the lower end of a range of softshells that the brand offers so I’m guessing they know what they’re about..

I’d be interested to hear your thoughts..

tomhughes46

Hmm, I’m looking for windproof front, fleece back/sleeves. But thanks.

headfirst
    Free Member

This will be of no use to you, but I got the latest Aldi one a month or so ago. It’s great! 😀

hainman
    Free Member

i paid 30quid for a softshell in tk maxx,make was cobolt(swedish)waterproof and windproof and very nice fit,actually better than the 50quid one i got in the sale in go-outdour,its a mountainwear one,hope this helps!

carbon337
    Free Member

I love my Aldi softshell – hopefully it has a few more winters in it

And my aldi “biking” gloves

danti

Got a Mountain Warehouse near you?

Their stuff is pretty good for the money and if you click on the link below you can get an extra 10% discount by just filling in their survey.

http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/discount

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Replace my Aldi softshell’ is closed to new replies.