Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Removing Radio from Peugoet
  • Divid
    Free Member

Hi
    Have just purchased a Peugoet Partner 06 reg, and looking to remove the factory standard radio and put in one that has aux imput so can play my ipod.

Anyone know how, or tips on removing the factory standard radio and installing a new one?

Many thanks
    Dave

wombat

There is an easy way but it involves destroying the dashboard…….or you can buy a special tool from Halfords/Ebay

spooky_b329

Not familiar with that one, but if it has small holes in the facia, push 4 cocktail sticks or similar shaped implements into the holes, you should then be able to pull the radio out.

brakes
    Free Member

I used to use teaspoon handles on my old Peugeot radio

project
    Free Member

Park on local council estate,wait until window is smashed,thief reaches in and within seconds the radio is out,then ring windscreens direct,get new window fitted,and claim for new radio,off insurance,then post thread on a bike forum about some chav nicking your radio,and your no claims bonus lost.

Or perhaps not.

trail_rat
    Free Member

cut two lengths of coathanger and fashion into a din tool (google it )

stick into the 4 holes on the sides of the stereo and push till they click – push your ends of the coat hangers out towards the door and pull

Took the stereo out of my 06 partner last week , what engine you got ? be aware that the air box rattles like **** on the non hdi engine – mine went from not being able to have a conversation in the cab to quiet as inside ….

id look at griffin itrips btw – thats what i went for in the end as i didnt want to loose the steering wheel controls for the radio

Divid
    Free Member

Trail Rat

Thanks for advice, will give it a go.

How easy to install another radio, normal type one?

Have HDI 1.6, 16v, seems ok so far

racing_ralph
    Free Member

remember that the cables are the wrong way round on french cars and you need to remedy this

steveh

Installing stereos is very easy. There'll be a couple of plug connectors on the cables at the back of the stereo and the aeriel wire. These can only be connected 1 way. Radio keys are also available cheaply from ebay etc. Your existing radio might have 4 round holes, or 2 round or some small slots depending on the type, the new one will have the removal keys with it.

The only thing to check will be which way the permanent 12v is wired. Again this is very easy. Simply connect it up, store a radio station and then turn the ignition off. If when you turn back on the radio station is still stored you're ok. If not there'll be a wire on the one of he plugs on the stereo side that you can swop between 2 plugs do this change and double check as above.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Removing Radio from Peugoet’ is closed to new replies.