Viewing 7 posts - 201 through 207 (of 207 total)
  • Religion………..?
  • roblerner
    Free Member

I wonder what percentage of atheists have atheist parents?

I have religious parents and I'm atheist. So 0%.

Really though, I suspect that more people with religious parents turn atheist, than people with atheist parents turn religious.

molgrips
    Free Member

Really though, I suspect that more people with religious parents turn atheist, than people with atheist parents turn religious.

On balance, yes that must be true, since the number of atheists is increasing. However I don't think the difference is as much as you'd think.

How many people have different politics from their parents?

roblerner
    Free Member

How many people have different politics from their parents?

Lots I think – politics tend to me more age dependent than religion.

See here for an interesting analysis from a dating website.

Really no idea of the actual numbers though.

molgrips
    Free Member

Curious graphs roblerner – it doesn't say whether those stats are from the SAME people as they age, or whether it's a demographic profile. If the latter, then people's ideas could be influenced by the time they grew up, rather than their actual age.

roblerner
    Free Member

people's ideas could be influenced by the time they grew up, rather than their actual age.

They have just taken a snapshot (of millions of people), so I suspect at least some of the difference is, as you say, due to when they grew up. But if that was totally true then there might not be a swing back to democrat in the older users. Probably a bit of both.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah people are very self interested. So when they get old I don't doubt they are suddenly more interested in social security and less interested in a dynamic economy.

Bloody democracy 🙁

stu1972
    Free Member

Jedi.

Too easy to succumb to the dark side.

Viewing 7 posts - 201 through 207 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘Religion………..?’ is closed to new replies.