Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Redhill based Riders – looking for new riding buddies, ride on Sunday?
  • bigdaddy

Hi all, These days I’ve found myself a bit billy no mates when it comes to riding pals, so it’s time to find some new ones, and hopefully some new trails and routes…

Anyone based in or around Redhill up for a ride on Sunday morning? I know there was talk a while back of organising a ride in the area, but as far as I know it didn’t happen, so let’s do it now!

belugabob
    Free Member

Put a post up on the Sussex Muddy@rse forum – there are a few members in your area.

bigdaddy

Ok, never thought of that – the Sussex bit suggested they wouldn’t be that local!

phinbob

I’m sure twigletmonster will be along in a minute (assuming he is not stuck up a tree somewhere looking for a geocache) to give you the low down on local riding/groups – but as belugabob says, there are quite a few @rsers around there.

belugabob
    Free Member

Ok, never thought of that – the Sussex bit suggested they wouldn’t be that local

We’ve got bikes – we get about a bit 😉

bigdaddy

Fair enough!!!

titusrider
    Free Member

I’m a reigate local but don’t often get a pass to ride on Sunday’s. Might be able to work out a ride together though, feel free to drop me a mail.
    Quite a few Wednesday night groups out of reigate. Most are groups of dads/mates. There are a few mtbers riding out of MDV on Wednesday night through the summer as a slightly more organised thing, keep an eye on their facebook page

bigdaddy

Thanks Titus Rider, we should hook up! I’ll email. I struggle a bit with weekday rides – I do a big commute 4 days and also run, but can have a shuffle around to meet some guys! And forgive me – what’s MDV? I am also a conscientious objector to Facebook, but I may have to enter that world for this!

bubs

The Wednesday night groups are a good bet and ride come what may though out the year. There are faster and more relaxed splinter groups but they all tend to converge on the pub at the same time.
    I live in Redhill but tend to ride evenings (and weekdays at the moment 8) ). I can give you some route pointers if needed.

MDV?

titusrider
    Free Member

MDV

That bike shop in reigate full of shiny road bikes and nice coffee. Good bunch and some mtbers hiding amongst them 🙂

bigdaddy

Never been in there! Interesting. Not many people ride on Sundays then it seems, so far

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Surely Finches is the main bike shop in Reigate !!!

Bought my first mtb there – Kona Muni Mula.

Think my (piece of junk) Raleigh Scorpio that I had as a kid came from there as well.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Ahh, my old stomping ground.

Start at Merstham, up across the golf course/strawberry fields (a short distance from the quaintly named “Fannies Farm Shop”) then through my old school at Gatton and onwards…up towards the Bomb Hole and beyond…

bigdaddy

Start at Merstham, up across the golf course/strawberry fields (a short distance from the quaintly named “Fannies Farm Shop”) then through my old school at Gatton and onwards…up towards the Bomb Hole and beyond…

The reverse of which is exactly how I usually finish a ride! It’s a great place to live and ride, just looking for some company and new trails. Not wanting to start sounding like a sad and desperate loner!!

Finches is still going strong (not that I’ve been in there either!)

blakec
    Free Member

I work in Merstham and would be up for some evening rides after work.

bigdaddy

Thanks, Blakec – looks like a weekday eve is the way to go then as no-one seems to ride Sundays! I thought Sundays was the day to ride, but it appears not… I do a 25 mile commute 4 days a week so am usually knackered mid week, but might be able to get out Wed eve now and again. If anyone does want to ride Sunday, I’m still up for it!

bigdaddy

Hi all, still planning to ride in the morning, starting merstham ish at approx 9am if anyone’s about and wants to join me…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Redhill based Riders – looking for new riding buddies, ride on Sunday?’ is closed to new replies.