Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • recuperation – foot surgery
  • iainc

well following from this :
    here

I am now sat up at home, foot propped on pillow, a touch woozy after a GA at 1030 this morning. 2 Morton’s Neuroma’s removed from right foot, and forevermore numb 3rd toe. Hope by being good and lots of elevating etc I might get back on a bike in 5 weeks…

Luckily I can work from home, but it’s gonna be boooorrriiiinnnnggg….

catfood
    Free Member

Good luck with that, I found I had to do flat potters along the river and such for quite some time, hope your recovery is a quicker one than mine.
    Box sets of the Wire got me through my weeks on the couch and a few weights after that to try to maintain some sort of shape when I couldn`t ride helped too.

qwerty
    Free Member

Just take it one step at a time.

catfood
    Free Member

Oh you will get some feeling back in that toe in a year or two, the nerves grow back to a limited extent, I had the same op, both nerves either side of the third toe removed and have some feeling in it again now.

iainc

catfood – thats encouraging – didn’t realise that. Kids are finding it hilarious that they can pinch my toe and I can’t feel it !

iainc

am gonna have to wire my jaw up next few weeks, having got my weight to the right place pre-op…. 😈

whenever I do get back on a bike I am planning on road only for a while. I am entered for etape caledonia mid May so hoping to get a month of riding in beforehand, but will have to wait and see as nature may have it’s own ideas..

catfood
    Free Member

I found I couldnt ride uphill at all for about six months, the pressure caused way too much pain, but as I said in the other thread I had some complications, hopefully youll be ok. I think the next week is critical to you recovery, keep that foot up.

downshep

Wiring your jaw? You’ll need to pull the wiring from your router to stop the CRC account getting dry bummed. Actually, scratch that, your country’s economy needs you!

iainc

Yes. propped up for now and only really getting up for loo etc. will have to tackle stairs morn and evening otherwise its couch to propped up at dining room table for laptop etc

iainc

Downshep – you know me too well. when i had last foot op I bought new forks for the rock lobster !

iainc

right, first things first 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘recuperation – foot surgery’ is closed to new replies.