Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recovery fom appendecomy?
  • JimSu
    Free Member

Had mine out 10 hours ago "nasty and gangrenous but not perforated". Surgeon say to allow the wound pain to guide my return t activity. What are you collective experinces

I am due on a combined biking/climbing trip to el Chorro in 4 weeks, not high pressure when I get there but I would wish to postpone if its not likely to be fun.

Thanks Jim

crikey
    Free Member

Standard advice used to be to take 7 weeks off work following any abdominal op.

That said, I was a bit naughty and waited 3 days after getting home, 10 days post op, before I went out on my bike. My biggest problem was timing it so the district nurse didn't catch me in my bike kit.

I did end up with a wide scar though, which meant I had to give up bikini modelling…

avdave2

When I asked the surgeon about recovery he said "well Pat Cash went to Wimbledon a week after having his out and won it." The basic advice was if it hurts too much stop doing it.

druidh
    Free Member

I had mine out when I was 11 and was back to school, gym etc after 2 weeks.

RepacK
    Free Member

I had mine out when I was 18 & went skiing 3wks later – I guess it depends on how old you are as to how quick you will recover..

tang
    Free Member

mine fully ruptured when i was 8( missed by the GP for days and days)! took ages to get over it, plus all the poison etc. my brother was off work for 2 weeks(tree surgeon) with the normal straight forward one.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recovery fom appendecomy?’ is closed to new replies.