Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommended bike storage
  • mrmojo
    Free Member

My wife has given me orders to get my mojo out the house she's sick of the dirt I bring in so can't really complain I've had it too good for too long.
    Anyone recommend a good bike shak for out the backgarden .. Dont really want a garden shed just something small obviously secure preferably plastic to hold my bike without costing a fortune. I still have strage indoors for the rest of my kit.

Cheers …

theflatboy
    Free Member

secure preferably plastic

er… you won't have a bike for long if you store it in a piece of plastic. you want one of these:

mrmojo
    Free Member

That would be handy .. but looking for something slightly smaller .. My thinking behind plastic was wood gets rotten very easliy in the west coast Scotland .. i.e it's always p*****g down here.

thepurist

This isn't cheap, but should be secure & weatherproof.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Link

Found this?

mrmojo
    Free Member

FFS .. £459.99 never wanted to pay that much ..

g6dcs
    Free Member

I just went through this as my Mrs decided it was time for the bike to move outdoors!

Got a timber bike store (smaller than shed) from Wickes and then cut a hole in the floor and concreted an Oxford motorbike ground anchor into the ground below. End of the day the wooden bike store is just to keep the weather off as I cannot see any storage shed whether it is plastic metal or wood being very secure!

tinsy
    Free Member

Homebase and B&Q has big plastic boxes like the metal ones linked for about £100, but no idea how secure you could make em…

foxyrider
    Free Member

mrmojo

How the hell am I supposed to know what your budget is! 😯

Stoner
    Free Member

as sargent suggests, its not neccessarily how secure your shed/box is, but how secure you make your bikes inside it.

I built this, but dont lock the door.
    Instead there's a hefty ground anchor secured to the concrete and then multiple varied heavy duty locks are used to secure the bikes to it.

foxyrider
    Free Member

If your wanting something from less than £150 – i.e. plastic shed or wooden shed – you'll have to build it yourself!

g6dcs
    Free Member

Wickes Bike Store
    The bike store I got from Wickes was £122, then spent £40ish on the ground anchor, £5 on the concrete and then some on the locks!

mrmojo
    Free Member

Cheers everyone …

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Just got back from rotterdam, and they have some funky low slung metal boxes out in the street in front of the apartments, that completely envelop your bike. Not sure if you can buy them anywhere, but they look pretty secure.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Those Trimtals ones are as good as it gets. Yes they cost a fortune, and are an absolute pig to put together, but they are very good indeed.

Had to leave mine at the last house 🙁 Thinking of getting a new one (or 2) here, but it depends on whether I manage to get a garage sorted out instead (as then my stone shed can be kept as a bike store/workshop and the Triumph can live in the garage with all the tools!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommended bike storage’ is closed to new replies.