Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommendations on a brief getaway for a honeymoon?
  • benjii19
    Free Member

The future bike widow and I are looking at going away for a few days at the beginning of April for a short honeymoon break before we go abroad later in the year.

Any ideas on places we could go in the UK welcome…something with cycling would be great, the OH is more into road biking and the tamest of canal tow paths. Our dislikes include shopping in some busy city centre, pretentiously lavish fine dining and being confined to a hotel room.

Fire away

hunta

Where do you know already?

Assuming you don’t live in the Cotswolds… how about the Cotswolds?

benjii19
    Free Member

Good suggestion.. I’ll look into that.

We live outside Sheffield in a quaint village which forms Rotherham Metropolitan Borough. Rotherham being not so quaint.

whattyre
    Free Member

le enclume,whic i think is in the lakes…

wallop
    titusrider
    Free Member

in a similar position we got a cottage in the middle of nowhere outside Bath and hid there doing bits and pieces for a few days.
    Cheddar gorge
    falconry experiance
    etc

chakaping
    Free Member

Me and the missus spent our mini-honeymoon in Criccieth, near Porthmadog, on the Western edge of Snowdonia.

Nothing amazing about that town in particular, but it’s a stunning part of the world and you have access to dramatic mouintains and beautiful beaches – and a fair variety of riding also.

Still go two or three times a year.

benjii19
    Free Member

hid there doing bits and pieces for a few days.

Errr yeah sure there will be plenty of that!

Snowdonia is definitely on my to do list.

MarkN
    Free Member

Don’t forget to take the wife. 😉 No suggestions as to where but all the best for the wedding.

titusrider
    Free Member

also we very un-orignally used the phrase ‘mini-moon’

best said in a manic voice
    MINI- Moooooooooooooon

🙂

binners

Take her up the tower

marsdenman
    Free Member

If self catering would be a consideration….
    Millhouses Cottages
    They are just north of Kirby Lonsdale. Very cute, ‘remote’ (though just 2 mins off an A road)
    Oh, and the ‘boiler room’ has plenty of space for bikes 🙂
    MrsMM and I used to be regulars there. Cannot go anymore – unless we leave Ted the dog elsewhere.
    You’ll be fine for riding – pootle around the area / back over the M6 and into the lakes. Booths supermarket & other shops in Kirkby (5mins drive away) are great for picking up great food and wine etc + a couple of nice pubs.

ampthill

Well I’d recomend Pembrokeshire

It has everything going for it, except mountain biking. So thats ideal as you wouldn’t go on a different occassion. There are many lovely roads to cycle on and a few easy lanes. Lots of places to walk and explore

If its later in April you might want to go to Skomar to see the Puffins. You don’t have to be a birder. They a big entertaining birds that let you get really close. I’ve seen one walk over some ones foot. Puffins aside its just a spectacular place to visit

family on the beach by John Clinch, on Flickr

playing in the foam by John Clinch, on Flickr

DSC_0318.jpg by John Clinch, on Flickr

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations on a brief getaway for a honeymoon?’ is closed to new replies.