Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommendations for surfing lessons in Newquay please
  • lunge

Afternoon all. I’m taking Mrs Lunge for a long weekend in Newquay over Easter (yes, I know it is full of chav’s but the place is sentimental to us!) and she has expressed an interesting in getting some surfing lessons. I have never surfed so don’t know which schools are good or bad for such things.

So, has anyone been there and used any of the schools? Anyone heard good or bad things about any of them? Or does anyone even know what to look for in a school that would make is better/worse than another one?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

iDave
    Free Member

Escape surf school – awesome teaching service from skilled coaches rather than kids who can surf and tell you what you’re supposed to do.

woody2000

Recommendations for surfing lessons in Newquay

Keep your mouth closed cos Surf-Mat’s dog likes to poo in the sea. HTH

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

here you go…

http://www.britsurf.co.uk/bss-approved-schools?catid=10

the one on the beach at fistral used to be ok. further afield i can totally recomend sennen surf centre. or just outside of newquay talk to the extreme academy at watergate.

you do realise though that easter is the very coldest time of the year in the water?

ahwiles
    Free Member

if you need lessons:

learn to swim crawl.

get the biggest board you can run with under 1 arm

learn to swim crawl.

don’t bother getting in the sea if it’s big and messy – you’ll only end up tired and frustrated.

learn to swim crawl.

wait until the waves are small and clean.

learn to swim crawl.

don’t worry about trying to stand up too soon – give it a day or so.

learn to swim crawl.

if you’re not catching waves, shift your weight forward a bit on the board.

learn to swim crawl.

lunge

Thanks for the advice so far, much appriciated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for surfing lessons in Newquay please’ is closed to new replies.