Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommendations for Headset
  • kwack
    Free Member

My Raceface Deus headset has finally given up the ghost after about 7 years.

It is a normal type one not the new integrated ones which I see are popular now.

What are teh recommendations for these now.. Raceface dont seem to do any, Chainreaction dont do Chris King

Is Chris King still the dogs or Hope any good?

Cheers

KWack

druidh
    Free Member

FSA Orbit XLII – and On One are doing them cheap

Candodavid
    Free Member

KING have used for years run buttery smooth, fit and forget

BrokenCollarBones
    Free Member

another +1 for Chris King.

Jammy111
    Free Member

if you want an expensive one then go for king or hope. I've got an FSA orbit XLII which i bought off ebay for about 18 posted. Its brilliant and i couldn't really ask for more.

Inzane
    Free Member

-1 for King, unless you want to pay through the nose for something with a compromised design.

mboy
    Free Member

If the old one lasted 7 years, why not get another?

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/mountain-bike-and-bicycle-headsets/race-face-deus-xc-headset.html

Can't go wrong at £35 I reckon!

higgo
    Free Member

I use FSA XLII on two bikes and have never had a problem with them.
    Personally I don't like the looks of Chis King stuff so wouldn't use them, never mind the compromised design. All my forks are 140mm+ so I'd worry about the little rubber o-ring and steerer scoring. So if I wanted something showy myself, I'd go for Hope.

But as mboy says… if your RF one has done you a good seven years, why not just get another?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Chris King on 3 out of 5 of my bikes.

The other 2 have intergrated headsets…

LMT
    Free Member

FSA, the budget headset which delivers better than the more expensive ones! thats what my LBS told me, i have one fitted to my P7 and another in the post for my other bike.

Nobby

Chainreaction dont do Chris King

Yes they do.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for Headset’ is closed to new replies.