Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommendations for couriering a bike frame?
  • mcinnes
    Free Member

Hi all, looks like I’m about to buy a frame off a fellow STWer who’s in Sheffield and I’m in Brighton. Any recommendations on which firm to pick it up and deliver it in one piece? 🙂

Thank you.

solamanda
    Free Member

I find that most of the online discount courier services that many recommend offer poor rates if you want the item insured. Parcel force 48hr with insurance is reasonable, (£25 for the last frame I sent with £500 cover).

loddrik
    Free Member

Senditnow.com

Parcelforce for half the price, well liked on here, by myself included.

mcinnes
    Free Member

Thanks both. Will investigate.

mark.laird
    Free Member

Recently sent mine from lancs to south wales with TNT – bubble wrapped it up well first then into cardboard box

mcinnes
    Free Member

Having a really crap experience with Send It Now.

Didn’t pick up the box, impossible to converse with, and confusing to understand which bits are them and which are Parcelforce who do the delivering and seem to do pretty much everything but take the order and offer refunds.

A good lesson for me in ‘Pay cheap, pay twice’ 🙁

I respect other peoples’ experiences, but just in my limited experience over the last few days, Senditnow = AVOID.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i’ve been using parcel2go a bit recently.

had pretty good service from them in fairness. a package wasn’t picked up in the morning (i’d paid extra for it to be), and got refuded £8. they also managed to get a bike sent from london to the alps in 3 days, arriving on a saturday, for under £40.

bruneep

Having a really crap experience with Send It Now Parcel2go.

Didn’t pick up the box,(tick)
    impossible to converse with (tick)

Offered a refund of .42p after I had to drop parcel off at DHL depot

A good lesson for me in ‘Pay cheap, pay twice

I respect other peoples’ experiences, but just in my limited experience over the last few days, Senditnow = AVOID Parcel2go=AVOID

I have come the conclusion that they’re all as bad as each other.

loddrik
    Free Member

Sent LOADS with send it now, not one bad experience, ever…

Dickyboy

No problems with parcel2go here either, but probably only sent about half dozen over the years 🙂

z1ppy

Help me out here… I need to send some forks so am looking @ Royal fail/Send it now..

2Kg parcel
    Royal fail – special delivery next day… £8.65 with £500 insurance
    Send it now – Express Am… £14.39 (Inc VAT) with £200 insurance (or £25 with £500 over)

What am I missing?

Kuco

Never had any problems with Royal Mail/Parcel Force.

loddrik
    Free Member

Royal mail won’t take a frame/bike, that’s where Senditnow (parcelforce) step in. Forks are pretty small so can go via regular post.

z1ppy

ahhhh, cheers for clearing that up.

pastcaring
    Free Member

parcel2go=crap

arranged collection for two frame for a wednesday, didn’t collect. they said we’re very sorry that doesn’t usually happen, will pick up thursday, didn’t collect. sent via the post office…

granny_ring

z1ppy, as abve you need to check the max size allowed for special delivery it’s not that big I seem to remember

andyl
    Free Member

parcelmonkey cost £9 for me to send a frame, forks and bars using UK Mail.

The companies like parcel monkey, parcel2go etc are all just brokers for the couriers so if the parcel is not picked up it is more likely to be the couriers fault.

Another one to try is Paisley Freight – they are very good for car parts including alloy wheels.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for couriering a bike frame?’ is closed to new replies.