Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommendations for cheap DAB radio please
  • Mugboo

I am sick of my customers complaning about Radio 1 so i need a DAB radio.

I don’t want to spend a fotune. At the moment i have an old Sony midi system with 2 speakers.

Is there a simple way of connecting a radio to this old thing or should i just buy a radio and use it on its own.

Its a small barber shop and the radio is for background noise.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

pure one mini is available for less than £30, but it might lack the beans for a loud room…

rOcKeTdOg

brand new one here for £26, rather than the refurbished one above
    http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3230110/Intempo-DA-01-DAB-Radio-Adapter/Product.html

LoveTubs
    Free Member

+1 for Pure, my wife love hers.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

PS: I seem to remember Pure receiving good reviews from Which…..I think??

Mugboo

Do we think that Intempo plugs in to the headphone socket?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

you’ll need an input socket ie AV,AUX,CD, headphone socket is output.
    Listened to Radio6 for the first time last week in the Lakes, some good programmes and music. Slashes top tunes from the 70s/80s was good. Also, the John Bonham story.

Mugboo

Cheers, i’ll have a look at it when i get to work.

BigJohn

I have a Tesco own brand one. I use a cable to feed the earphone output on the Technica radio into the phono sockets of my Denon amp and the sound is pretty good.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Apologise for thread hijack Mugboo but how did you get into barbering? Just curious 😉

tankslapper
    Free Member

Apologise for thread hijack Mugboo but how did you get into barbering? Just curious 😉

Mugboo

No problem Tankslapper

Straight from school. Went to a unisex salon to be a hairdresser but much prefered the simplicity of cutting. All that perming/colouring left me cold. As did talking about soap operas, etc.

YTS scheme back the led to a City & Guilds (worthless piece o crap!)

Tried a couple of other jobs over the years but never stopped cutting and at the grand old age of 29 got a little shop.

11 yrs later i have one self employed barber who i trained myself and a happy shop.

Its a pretty good job. If you like talking to folk then its easy once you learn the skills.

You fancying a change of career?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for cheap DAB radio please’ is closed to new replies.