Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend my a iPod dock that can power passive speakers
  • essexbiker
    Free Member

Looking to replace a dying CD, radio, alarm and amp all-in-one combo that uses in ceiling speakers. Ideally I’d like a iPod dock (lightning connector), DAB radio, alarm function that has a built in amp that can power my existing speakers. Google didn’t help, can you?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I suspect from your requirements that you’re most likely to get something like a mini hifi setup like the old Denon Piccolo with a dock, DAB and amp. The Piccolo was 30pin mind, not lightening. Think the latest model does without the dock (though still has USB connector for iThingy use).

essexbiker
    Free Member

That’s similar to what I’m replacing (except only got FM radio) was hoping someone had developed a ipod dock that didn’t rely on tiny tinny speakers. Anyone else recommend me alternatives?

rossburton
    Free Member

I’ve found that decent proper docks are rare, but many devices have USB so you can just plug in a lightning cable.

I’ve a Denon RCD-M40DAB with some Q Accoustics speakers as part of a 200 quid bundle from Superfi with a lightning cable wired in for when playing music/podcasts from the phone. Works well, but doesn’t have alarm IIRC.

the-muffin-man

If you can wait a few months there may be a flurry of this sort of thing.

If rumours about the iPhone 7 are true, they are dropping the headphone port. This will mean there will be great demand for docks that can charge and play music at the same time.

STATO
    Free Member

iPod dock (lightning connector) – just buy a dock and connect it to a stereo, why does it need to be a stereo with a dock
    DAB radio – why not internet radio, why not just from the phone? presume you have wifi.
    alarm function – from the dock or the phone itself?
    that can power my existing speakers – a stereo then 😆

bit more detail might help open some options.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend my a iPod dock that can power passive speakers’ is closed to new replies.