Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me some winter gloves please
  • oxym0r0n

Communting to work the last 2 days has been a bit chilly at 7:00 in the morning.

Can anyone recommend me some waterproof/windproof gloves for commuting/mtb duties that are not too thick under the palms?

Thanks

mttm
    Free Member

I bought some Giro Ambient gloves recently. They have a nice thin palm but are windproof and are fleece lined. I’ve used them down to about 1 degree, and they have been really great – nice and comfortable with great feel. I don’t get on at all with gloves that have thick padding in the palms, so these really work for me. RRP about £40, but I paid half that.

robhughes
    Free Member

Got a pair of altura pilot and love them.

flebby
    Free Member

rAltura altitude windproof. Seemed a bit thin at first but they’ve been warm on 7am and late evening rides so far., albeit down in the sunny south-east anyhow

oxym0r0n

Thanks so far

Anyone tried the Sealskins?

I can’t find the Giros anywhere for £20!! 😥

DezB
    Free Member

check out JEJames – they usually chuck some out cheap (eg. These ) Got some Spesh Radiants for £10 last year.

avdave2

Anyone tried the Sealskins?

I have them and find them ok most of the time but on the coldest days I don’t find them warm enough. Also they have no insulation above your thumb nail as it’s supposed to make operating thumb shifters easier, I would’t know as I have a twist shifter. Other people have problems with the liners in them but I haven’t ever had an issue with them.

I’ll be looking for something warmer for the coldest days.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some winter gloves please’ is closed to new replies.