Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • recommend me some new forks
  • sturmey
    Free Member

My revelations are at the end of their life. So what does the collective recommend for a Cotic Soul 140mm travel 15mm axle (wheel upgrade also) all mountain xc riding round the dales and lake district, bit of a biffer at 13.5 stone.

alfabus
    Free Member

Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti

OK they are 150mm, but a bit of sag won’t kill you, and they really are excellent forks!

Dave

Mackem

Rocshox Sektors are great.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chestrockwell

Hello mate. After having both Floats and Revs I recently picked up some DT Swiss XMM 140’s for £440. Prefer them to both the other two and they seem to fit in with what you want. Highly recommended.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I agree with Nick Dave ^^^

chestrockwell

These are the ones I got.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DT-Swiss-XMM-140-Forks-1-1-8-Steerer-15mm-Axle-TSDamper-REDUCED-4-1-Week-Only-/140601075052?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item20bc7a256c

It’s a bike shop in Sheffield so they come with full warrenty etc. Seem to have gone up a few quid but it might be worth asking if they’ll sell them at the lower price.

timnwild

Mackem – do you jump about much on yours? I’m getting more into jumping and dropping (as part of ordinary trail riding) and I’m wondering if they’re up for it. I actually love my old 2006 revs, but they’re dying…

ta

alfabus
    Free Member

if you’re into jumping and dropping, then that seals the deal for the 44s – coil is the way forward; especially when they are as light as an air fork (ti coil).

Dave

honourablegeorge

2012 Revenaltion RLs from Merlin, 300 quid or less, drop them to 140 easily.

Mackem

No, I dont jump much, plenty of drops and big rocky descents though and they’ve been great. I think “Pike Lite” would be a good way to describe them.

timnwild

cheers fellas – I’m tempted on those 2012 rev RLs. Even though I only need 130 travel for my (old) Soul.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some new forks’ is closed to new replies.