Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Recommend me some Lycra shorts
  • z1ppy

to be hidden under my baggies of course.. Have for years just used the Endura basic ones that came with my baggies, and had no issue with them regardless of the slagging they regularly get on here…

One pair decided to die this week and the other are looking tatty, so fancy trying something a bit better.
    What’s recommended, the expensive Endura MT500, lusso, assos, or just good old DHB?

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Assos bibs all the way. Someone has some for sale in the classifieds

lunge

Decathlon, the ones with the red liner. Very nice and not very expensive.

uplink
    Free Member

I got a couple of pairs of DHB Finchdean last year and they’ve survived thousands on comfortable miles
    Not sure what the current equivalent of them is though

z1ppy

….ok lets take Assos out of the equation, saw the classified ad earlier (prompting me to ask), but I though they might be the top end shorts, now I’ve check out there range it seems there some of the more inexpensive ones…

DezB
    Free Member

Sugoi – with the RC Pro pad. Can’t beat em. If they’re to go under baggies, the liner shorts have the same pad as the lycra shorts, but are a lot cheaper.

eg.
    Sugoi Evolution – recently got some for £37 from Wiggle. Bargain!

z1ppy

cheer for the comments above..

no one else wearing lycra nowaday’s?

Dyffers
    Free Member

You’ll be fine with anything for a couple of hours riding.

Remortgage for some Assos bibs if you’re into endurance rides. Assos shorts are like drugs: you’re frightened of trying because you know they’ll be so nice you’ll need more.

mikey74
    Free Member

I still think my Endura MT500 shorts are the most comfy I’ve ever owned, and that’s including the the Assos shorts I currently have.

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

Depending on your sizing, if you fairly standard sized (by that I mean that you fit the normal small, medium, large thing) I think these are really good: altura ergofit pro bib shorts.
    Well priced for very well made shorts and the pad is great…But I found them a little the large too big waist wise, ideal height wise and leg length, just the fit was a bit off, but this is an on going problem for me with cycle clothing.

If you looking for shorts purely to wear under baggies, then I really like the Mavic ones that are specifically for wearing under baggies…but there’s no way you would want to wear them on their own, unless of course you like the hot pant look!

donsimon
    Free Member

+1 Decathlon (bib shorts for me) 5+ years old and coming to the end of their days now, had plenty of hammer too.

Ed2001
    Free Member

Assos are excellent( if perhaps not quite as good quality as they were in the past, maybe.) but castelli are excellent too. Lot of people say gore are very good too.

druidh
    Free Member

After wearing my ancient MT500 lycra shorts for the last 3 days I’ve decided that baddies are generally rubbish – particularly when they’re wet. I’m gonna invest in more MT500s now – mibbe the bibshorts version.

cqed
    Free Member

used to wear lusso (wore out very quickly), then tried a few enduras (poor fit), but now settled with giordana.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Descante for me

flatfish
    Free Member

I was just about to post the same question? 🙂

mudpup
    Free Member

I like Pearl Izumi

z1ppy

bugger, not exactly consensus. Lots to think about though, cheers.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some Lycra shorts’ is closed to new replies.