Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Recommend me some larger grips
  • dashed
    Free Member

I’ve not got big hands but find that I get pain in my 3rd finger when riding a lot of downhill stuff. Messed around with the brakes and reach etc but no difference and can’t help but think some larger grips may help. Currently on Peaty lock-ons. Worth a try??

Any thoughts?

jedi

odi rougue

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Superstar grips are pretty damn chunky, but why are you getting pain in your 3rd finger? Is it your braking finger?

MSP

odi rouge or the oury grips, the oury ones are a tad bigger than the rouges, but I don’t like the knurled bit on the inside edge.

honourablegeorge

Sunline thick grips, they’re thick and grippy.

flyingmonkeycorps

The Superstar ones are pretty good, and cheap too. The extra wideness is quite nice. Worth a try – I went the other way and it made a difference, so it may for you too.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve got north shore lock ons and they fit great for larger hands .

cardo

Race-face Strafe work for me, pretty sticky too.

transporter13
    Free Member

Odi long necks or superstar grips here. Longnecks are by far and away the comfiest grip I’ve ever used

qwerty
    Free Member

ODI Attacks or Oury fitted here.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve got north shore lock ons and they fit great for larger hands .

ton

esi chunky

Scamper
    Free Member

ODI Rougue

wwaswas

Ergon.

rocketman
    Free Member

Race-face Strafe work for me, pretty sticky too

+1 most excellent

faint
    Free Member

race face good & evil

dashed
    Free Member

Looks like Rogue’s getting a few votes… Had Superstars grips in the past and they just don’t last very long.

sas78

I had the same problem for years. I have large hands and found most grips were just too small. I tried the superstar ones, I liked the “girth” but they were too wide and the cartridges didn’t last long, before wearing down. I’ve had a set of Bontrager ones for four years and they’ve worn very well:

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/bontrager-race-lite-lock-on-black-thick.html

Bontrager Race Lite Thick lock ons.

Not seen them cheaper anywhere else. Great, grippy compound and last well. I’ve rotated my old ones a couple of times where they’ve worn down at the pressure points but they’re still going on my commuter after four years!

z1ppy

ODI Rogues here, got three pairs now, I like them a lot.
    Sunline are apparently very good too, and again looking @ my m8’s Superstar grips, they ain’t lasted long.

binners

I agree with sas78 about the bontragers. They’re brilliant! I was looking for replacement sets for ages, after mine eventually wore out last year, but couldn’t find any anywhere

So I opted for Sunline thick lock ons! Suitably chunky for my shovel hands too

And half price on CRC at the moment

sas78

Binners – I tried those sunline’s, which are slightly thinner than the Bontrager’s, also the end cap reduced the width of the grip I found – I prefer my hand to be right on the outside edge almost and the Bonty’s allow that. The Bonty’s not easy to find though I agree – I fear they might be getting discontinued – Alpine bikes are selling for £15, or pedal on for £13.50 delivered. I stocked up with a few pairs!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some larger grips’ is closed to new replies.