Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Recommend me some in-ear headphones
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Like the ones you get as standard with an ipod, but up to taking a bit of wear and tear, and really good sound quality. Just bought a pair cheap off ebay and the sound is awful.

How much should I be looking to spend for quality build and sound?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

£30 to £n+1

I bought Denons having owned sennheiser and sony and have been very impressed. There has been endless discussion on here in the past about which is best, the truth is none of them are. Beware of too good to be true prices online, they are generally fakes even if they don't look it.

mine were £80 and worth every penny, they are no longer made though

Creg

I used to have a pair of Sennheiser 300s and they were fantastic. Good bass and good sound quality. I got them for £15 due to damaged packaging. They lasted about 18 months before giving up the ghost

Recently replaced them with some Klipsch Studio S3's which are fantastic. Very comfortable indeed (can hardly tell Im wearing them) and they produce excellent quality sound. Cost £40 from HMV.

RealMan
    Free Member

Think £80 would be pushing it, don't think I even want to be spending as much as £40. Any worth going for for less then £30 maybe?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

The Sennheiser CX 300-II get a lot of good reviews, and sound ok, for the money. £15 on amazon rrp £40

but cheap headphones are generally carp, and if you want decent sound you'll have to spend more than £15

Pierre

I've got a pair of these and they've got great sound quality and have lasted three years so far. The only wear they're showing is the silver effect on the plastic bit where the two ear wires join into one.

(and that seems like a really good deal on amazon atm!)

: P

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i had the Sony 71s for years, very good and bomb proof

simon1975

I got CX300's from Play.com

Very good sound, but don't stay secure when riding. Great on the bus though because I know no-one else can hear my tunes but me 🙂

CountZero

If you want quality, then £30 is about the lower limit. Ultimate Ears MetroFi 117Vi/220Vi are fantastically good, and Denon AH-C252's are also exceptionally good, but my pair did break on one lead. Other Denon canalphones are highly recommended. One good point about Denon 'phones is they use a 90degree plug, which is less vulnerable to cable damage than in-line plugs. The UE's have a remote and Mic for iPhone use but there are non remote versions. The sound quality of them is superb, I can't say that enough. I've also got a pair of UE SuperFi 4Vi's, which had a plug break, and was replaced free after fourteen months by Logitec with a pair of SuperFi 5Vi's, which I think is excellent service.

porterclough
    Free Member

+1 for the Sennheiser CX300

RealMan
    Free Member

STW leading me wrong? Surely not. Bought some of those Sennheisers and they don't even stack up to the standard ipod headphones in terms of sound quality of fit. Pretty disappointed.

Rich
    Free Member

Well the standard ipod earphones are useless so you must really hate these!

I recently got some Skullcandy ink'd and think they are great, only cost around a tenner too.

deluded
    Free Member

Sennheiser CX 400 II. Excellent.

b3ans
    Free Member

Klipsch Image S4's. Best in-ears for the money, hands down. I have tried 250 pound shures and I seriously cannot tell the difference. I can't recommend them enough.

vrapan
    Free Member

I have a pair of those Nixon

bigG
    Free Member

I got a pair of these – Apple store

for about £40 a few weeks back and absolutely love them. They stay in my ears and the sound works well for me. I also like that they maintain the apple look of the original earphones

G

higgo
    Free Member

How are the Klipsch (or CX400 for that matter) for mechanical noise?

I've got some CX300s and they're great when I'm sat still but if the cable moves when running, even walking, I can hear it twanging up to the buds.

matthewjb
    Free Member

How are the Klipsch (or CX400 for that matter) for mechanical noise?

I've got the Klipsch. Mechanical noise seems to less of an issue than with the CX300s.

The only problem I have with them is getting them to fit. The range of earpieces they provide seems to range from small to medium. I had to buy some larger ones to get a good fit and they're still a bit too small. If you have normal size ear canals this may not be an issue.

b3ans
    Free Member

you can buy seperate bud for cx300s off ebay that will fit the klipsch's. For mechanical noise you just need to route the cable well under a baselayer or something so that it doesn't flop about.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some in-ear headphones’ is closed to new replies.