Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Recommend me some good rechargeable AA batteries…
  • dogthomson

…to go in my Cree torch. Ideally quick charge time and long run time. Preferably with charger too.

What do you use? Links appreciated.

user-removed
    Free Member

I use the 7dayshop ones for my flashgun – cheaper than the competition and IMO, longer lasting.

Trekster

Jessops is what me and mates use in our Fenix

Stoner
    Free Member

I use 7 day shop for my batteries.
    Great value and pretty reliable.
    this is a good charger, does up to 8x AA or AAA
    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_3&products_id=101271
    I then get a few packs of the AA and AAA from them.
    I wouldnt spend the premium on extra 100mAh, but instead on the brand.
    such as the sanyo eneloop or the panasonic.
    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cat=3&type=3060&man=0&filterwords=&go=SEARCH&comp=

maxray
    Free Member

Def not the Duracell Supreme ones… utter rubbish, either that or my Cateye canes batteries. 🙁

tinsy
    Free Member

Are they 1.5v rechargables or 1.2v your buying user-removed and Trekster?

I bought some duracells and they are just 1.2v so probably not giving the torch the right ooompf..

solar
    Free Member

Yeah, I was under the impression the sanyo eneloops were among the best at the moment after having a look on the candlepower forums. Got some quite cheap from amazon.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Pleased with my Sanyo Eneloops

tinsy
    Free Member

Them Sanyo eneloops are only 1.2v too, ok in a torch but with less output, I have another bike light that runs 3xAA and it wont run anything but 1.5v… any info on 1.5's?

DezB
    Free Member

Panasonics from 7Dayshop are the best I've used. Hold their charge longer than any others.

righty
    Free Member

afaik 1.2v is all that is available as a rechargable.
    lsd batteries by sanyo and panasonic are both really
    good

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Are they 1.5v rechargables or 1.2v your buying user-removed and Trekster?

there are no 1.5V rechargeables

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

and '1.5v' alkalis quickly drop to ~1.2v when once they've started discharging anyway.

I've had eneloops for two winters, they're ace. OK they don't have quick the raw mAh of some, but they don't self discharge and have been reliable under many many many discharge/charge cycles.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I use a Technoline battery charger and Ansmann 2850 mAh from tantronics and vapextech batteries from battery plus

Shinythings
    Free Member

Don't know if the same offers are on countrywide, but get yourself to LIDL.
    AA 2500mah and AAA 900mah £2.49!! for 4

grumm
    Free Member

I've got some GP and some Ansmann ones – seem about the same.

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

Ansmann are the best I've ever used.

foxyrider
    Free Member

GP/Ansmann batteries aparently give the best performance/longevity 🙂

got the 2700 ones and they are good performers:

alexpalacefan

These are what I use,

A

grumm
    Free Member

Despite the Ansmann having a higher rating of 2850 – according to my Technoline charger the GP 2700 ones mostly have a little bit more capacity.

walla24
    Free Member

bought some 3000mAh aa's on ebay, take a look they are immense last in a headtorch for aaaages.
    couldnt find a higher mAh anywhere?

grumm
    Free Member

Those figures are a bit like claimed lumens on lights though – don't always bear much relation to reality. Not saying those are necessarily bad, just 3000mah isn't necessarily going to be better.

walla24
    Free Member

hmmm didnt realise that, as the voltage stays the same for all aa's isnt the capacity ie mAh the only variable?

grumm
    Free Member

Well I'm no expert but unless my charger is wrong (which tells you the mah when you charge them) they are all well under the claimed mah, some more so than others.

walla24
    Free Member

its true…they were cheap….off ebay…posted from japan… 😀 ah well

dogthomson

Cheers for the response folks, opted for some Sanyo Eneloops.

anlegov
    Free Member

I have maybe 5-6 different brands of recharbeable AAs, all claiming to be 2500-2800 mAh, but only my Uniross 2700 mAh come even close to their claimed capacities. The others – including those 2700 GPs above, Duracells and a set from DX (Soshine 2700mAh) – were more like 1600 mAh.

Does anyone know of a good and up-to-date review of AA rechargeables? I have found a couple, but mostly they are old news from 2006 and 2007.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I got some Uniross batts free with a charger, 2600mAh. They're woeful, run flat in next to no time, hideous self discharge, leave the 12 hours and they're half capacity by the time you use them.

anlegov – battery chemistry hasn't gone much further since then, eneloop and ansmann still rated v high. Candlepowerforum is the best place for the latest. There was another make with a different cell chemistry to combat self discharge like eneloops, but I've forgotton the name sorry.

walla – your cells may be fine, but be wary of v high mAh rated cells, they're often cheap cells with lies for marketing. I find well regarded cells with mAh closer to that which is stated, which may seem low in comparison to others, much better. Plus they last much better over many charge/discharge cycles and you get fewer dud cells etc.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some good rechargeable AA batteries…’ is closed to new replies.