Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me some earphones
  • Paulio
    Free Member

My old Sony EX-somethingorother have packed in after 4 hard years so I need some new ones for use in the gym, on the bike and when on public transport.

I prefer the in ear types and have a budget of £40 but the choice is huge so I'm after some recommendations. I realise for that money I'm not going to get super quality ones but it's only for MP3's.

titusrider
    Free Member

discounted/ bottom of the range Shure's I dont wear them riding much though you dont hear anything

Cougar

Skullcandy are suprisingly good. A set of FMJs ("Full Metal Jacket") will set you back about £50, they're great but some people find them a bit 'toppy'. Next one down is the Titan at about £30, which I know nothing about, and the Smokin' Buds at about £20, which are far better than they have any right to be at that price point.

Something like this may be what you're looking for? http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/headphones/23980/Skullcandy+Titan+Black.htm

evel_kneivel
    Free Member

Koss Sparkplugs.

Paulio
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, I wouldn't have looked at some of those. The Titans seem about right – I'll have a proper look tonight.

Cheers
    Paul

CountZero

Forget the Skullcandy phones, they're ok, but not outstanding. For your budget, Ultimate Ears MetroFi 220 or Denon AH-C550 would be ideal. I've got three sets of UE's, four if you count a set I broke when I dropped my phone, and I really can't say enough good things about them. First pair were SuperFi 4vi's, the v meaning iPhone compatible with mic and remote. Broke the plug, so bought a pair of Denon AH-C252's which were only about £25, but a wire broke after six months so I bought a pair of the MetroFi's from the Apple Store. Been using them practically every day for the last year and I love them to bits. I managed to get the Superfi's replaced under warranty after fourteen months with a pair of SuperFi 5vi's, and I've just received today a pair of TripleFi 10Pro's that I got from the States via eBay for £160. They're £240 normally, but they have replacable cables, and I got a pair of those from EBay as well with the mic and remote for £20. A mate's had a pair of the AH-C550's for a couple of years and loves them to bits, after replacing three pairs of Shure phones in the space of a year due to wires breaking.

Paulio
    Free Member

Good stuff, I've just ordered a set of the UE MetroFi 220 for £17 – thanks for the tip.

Paul

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some earphones’ is closed to new replies.