Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me some coffee beans….
  • Notter
    Free Member

Just browsing the hasbean website having seen it recommended on a previous thread and the selection is mind-boggling. I'm looking for a medium strength coffee to run through a perculator machine for daytime drinking. Any thoughts / recommendations?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Their premium espresso beans are a really good, all round bean and work in most makers. Good place to start

Notter
    Free Member

Appreciate it's down to different consistency of grinding but strength wise wouldn't that be like drinking a mug of Illy?!

chrispy

I really like the HasBean Four Bean Blend. A very smooth coffee that is ideal for all day drinking 😀

twosheds
    Free Member

Best place to get beans from is the algerian coffee shop in soho. Google and give them a ring. They do lots of special offers and the stuff is delivered wrapped in brown paper. You can smell its arrives as soon as you open the door.

nickc

For "everyday" beans, most supermarkets have reasonably acceptable packs of beans

saladdodger
    Free Member

Try Lidl

£2.99 for 500g and they aint bad infact they are quite good

worth a punt ( well we like em)

bruneep

Costco big bag of beans are good for everyday as well.

CHB

bruneep, how did you find that coffee I sent you, ages ago?

bruneep

Conrad
    I did email you back what I thought of the coffee.

My only observation was the lack of crema that I could produce, I seem to get more when using fresh ground. The pre ground was good tho.

The bag you sent had the vent valves I haven't looked for a while but Tesco didn't have that kind just the sealed bags.

B

vrapan
    Free Member

Squaremilecoffee.com Passeio Minas Gerais for the percolator. I suggested the Winter Espresso not realising you were not after Espresso.

jimthesaint

For a filter machine If you like a full bodied coffee then Lavazza Gran Filtro is the mac daddy. It only comes pre-ground, but you can buy it in single serving vac-pacs. It settles pretty quickly in the jug though so you have to prepare it and drink it pretty quick.

If it really has to be beans then you want to keep it as simple as possible. Avoid blends that are a mixture of arabica and robusta. In fact for filter machines single-source coffees work quite well, it has to be a blend for espresso though!

So in answer to your question any med-roast 100% arabica single-source coffee will be alright, but Lavazza Gran Filtro is better.

matthewjb
    Free Member

If you're using Hasbean I like their Premium Espresso Blend.

I don't find their blends too harsh just tasty.

Notter
    Free Member

Thanks all, done the supermarket brands and fancied something different. The four bean blend sounds interesting.

kiwijohn

Tas Coffee Roasters – Feisty. Will have you bouncing off the walls. Might be a bit out of your reach, so a Colombian dark roast would be the next best thing.

pitduck
    Free Member

mmmmmmmColombian dark roast mmmmmmm

montylikesbeer

try these I love them, happy donkey brazilian beans clicky

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some coffee beans….’ is closed to new replies.