Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Recommend me: grippy lock on grips
  • brooess
    Free Member

I have Yeti logo ODI's at the moment. I was hammering around Surrey Hills on the hardtail on Sunday and a few times was struggling to keep hold of the bars.
    Now I know I could ride more slowly but I'd rather spank a small amount of cash on some grippier grips. Gloves are Fox Sidewinder so I don't think they're the issue

leggyblonde
    Free Member

ODI longnecks. Especially the softer compound. Last longer than the file/ruffian type too

househusband

They're not lock-on, but ESI foam grips are both very grippy (except perhaps on slick carbon bars) and very comfortable.

(Before anyone comments on me recommending grips other than lock-on grips as requested by the OP; I did think that lock-on grips were the best option, until I tried ESI grips myself.)

DaddyFool
    Free Member

Just replaced Lizard Skin Peaty lock-ons. Nice tacky feel. Just don't buy the white ones….looked sh*t after 5 minutes. 😐

brakes
    Free Member

Sunline, best grips ever – I use the thin ones as I think you get better feedback from a thinner grip and I tend not to wear gloves – the grip material reminds me of the slow reezay rubber that Maxxis use

Sunline Thick

Sunline Thin

only negative is they can scratch your bars, but only where the grip is do it doesn't matter, unless they're carbon
    ps I used to use the Yeti ODIs and didn't like them that much because of the gaps in the grip between the logo

crocodilian
    Free Member

DMR do these very nice grips and look at all the pretty colours!

Sam

Second the Sunlines – great grip both on the bars and your hands to them (which is I think what your issue is?)

racing_ralph
    Free Member

#
    househusband – Member

They're not lock-on, but ESI foam grips are both very grippy (except perhaps on slick carbon bars) and very comfortable.

(Before anyone comments on me recommending grips other than lock-on grips as requested by the OP; I did think that lock-on grips were the best option, until I tried ESI grips myself.)
    Posted 33 minutes ago # Report-Post

even work well on carbon bars 🙂 Great grips imo – exloc on user

_tom_
    Free Member

bakes how well do they work for gloveless? At the minute I'm using superstar 'shrooms and they get slippy really easily without gloves on. I don't really like wearing gloves but can't see an alternative.

highclimber
    Free Member

+1 for the peaty

the Clarks ones on CRC are quite good for the money at £8!

ianjobling
    Free Member

anybody now how I can insert and image

ianjobling
    Free Member

991 Collection from Italy available from Sequal Retrobikes. Like nothing you have seen before! Krayton Rubber gives great grip in dry and wet for £12.99

brakes
    Free Member

bakes how well do they work for gloveless?

very well, until your hands/ the grips get wet and then they're slippy, espcially the thin ones

ianjobling
    Free Member

991 Grips in Krayton Rubber. £12.99 http://www.sequalretrobikes.co.uk including postage

ianjobling
    Free Member
    Northwind

Watch everyone recommend what they like 🙂 I like and recommend Lizard Skins Charge, they're ribbed so form around your fingers a lot which gives good comfort and grip, for me at least. Can't get on with my Peatys at all.

landy813
    Free Member

Superstar components

they are just as good as my ODI and the also have similar grip pattern as the ones ianjobling posted in the pic above

Forgot to say you mix and match the colours to suit your own bike too.

mafiafish
    Free Member

I got some of the dmrs above and find them naff. Plenty grippy but then what grip isn't and the patten rubs your palm badly.

BenjiM

ODI Ruffians have been fine for me for the last 2+ years

robinbetts
    Free Member

I love the orange strange ones

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me: grippy lock on grips’ is closed to new replies.