Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me an SPD shoe
  • squeekybrakes
    Free Member

I'm after a pair of SPD shoes for summer riding (I have some Goretex boots for the winter mud). Need to be light and up to £70. Shimano M150s are avalable for £65. Any advice out there?

Saccades
    Free Member

Specalized BG comp – they fit perfectly.

neninja
    Free Member

Or the cheaper Specialized BG Sport – well ventilated, stiff enough without stopping you from walking. Seem well made too.

Smuzzy
    Free Member

I Just got a pair of Shimano 161's look a bit "Star Wars" but the best shoe I've ever had.

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/mountain-bike-shoes/shimano-m161-spd-shoes.html

foxyrider
    Free Member

Specalized BG comp – they fit perfectly.

+1 – or if you don't need the buckle then the cheaper 3 velcro strap version as above would be fine 🙂 – I have 2 pairs and the first have seen a bit of action but still going strong after 3 years of continuous use 🙂

Poggy
    Free Member

As most posts, def Specialized, i've had Shimano, but there's no comparison, Specialized stuff is really well thought out & really comfortable… 'Specialized Comp' would be my advice.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Spesh shoes have that insole that puts your feet at a funny angle, I can't get on with them.

flow
    Free Member

Shimano AM50 are excellent if you can still get them, if not the newer AM51. They look like boots but they're not, they're high cut shoes. I've had mine ages and they are as good as new. Really comfy, keep your feet nice and cool and, loads of protection.

Review: http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/clothing/shoes/product/am50-shoes-32197

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Spesh BG Comp are brilliant but maybe a bit out of your price range.

Sports are also very good, though my pair wore badly at the toe box after a couple of hike-a-bikes – newer versions may be tougher though.

Kevevs
    Free Member

spesh taho's. Fit and forget.

neninja
    Free Member

Sports are also very good, though my pair wore badly at the toe box after a couple of hike-a-bikes – newer versions may be tougher though.

My 2009 BG Sports are going strong – used 4-5 times a week mainly XC since January this year. They'd look like new if I actually bothered to clean them.

Mackem

Specialized Tahoe. Very comfy on and off bike.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Another vote for Spesh,had mine for 7 years,just treated them to some new cleats.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Taho's not good for the winter IMHO – nice in summer – depends on how stiff you want really but have also just replaced my cleats after 3 years which were corroded in. Drilled out and replaced the cleat plates though a nice little window in the insole 🙂

tony24
    Free Member

vote for the shimano m161 "star wars" shoe 🙂

i tried on 3 types of specialized and a pair of bontrager and the shimano were the most comfortable out of the lot very roomy in the toe area too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an SPD shoe’ is closed to new replies.