Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me an American or Canadian Hardtail
  • johnj2000
    Free Member

A colleague is over from the states and was talking about bikes with me. He is doing an epic 6 day off road ride on hired bike and wants a sub $1500.00 Hardtail for training and riding his local stuff. There are the obvious culprits like Trek and Specialized but what would the American and Canadian versions of the Cotics, Stantons, etc.

He doesn’t want to build and is not proud about it being th latest model, he does want good quality drivetrain, and 27.5

Cheers

TomB

Chromag would have to be high on the list, excellent review in recent mag too.

haggis1978

Sub £1500? Full bike or frame? I have a Chromag Samurai65 and its superb. The Chromag Wide Angle gets an excellent review in this months magazine as well and beats the likes of a Ritchey Timberwolf and an Onza.

Del

@ $1500?
    i’d suggest santa cruz, but like chromag, i doubt you’d throw your leg over one for that budget with any decent spec. you might find something from surly? soma?

BigDummy
    Free Member

A full-build on a Taiwan-built Chromag is more like US$2,500, although their full-build specs are fairly nice.

Brodie?

TooTall
    Free Member

If he wants a full bike, then other than the main culprits, Performance Bike is hard to beat. Big name, big purchasing power, good deals.

Performance Bike

Not full of your niche brands but a source for good VFM bikes.

rickmeister

9:Zero:7 are Alaskan and make excellent Fatbikes…

matt_outandabout

Brodie are nice.

tmb467
    Free Member

There’s a lot on here but not many stood out for me

Some nice stuff tho if you have time for a trawl – just spent 15 mins flicking through it so thanks for the OP!

superfli
    Free Member

Transition Trans AM. Was tempted by one myself. Rufty tufty long travel HT, like Switchback or Shan.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, will take a look later. The budget was for a full bike, he isn’t seriously into it…….yet!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an American or Canadian Hardtail’ is closed to new replies.