Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a workstand
  • vinnyeh

I'm looking for a workstand to use in the kitchen over the winter – what's good, and why? And what features are need to haves, nice to haves and must avoids?
    I guess I'd like to spend under a hundred, but would stretch to one-fifty if it made working on the bikes a lot easier.
    It'd be nice if it was available at ribble as well, since they seem to have the best discounting at the moment.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

this one

I got one of these about a year ago – it works just fine – dont see why you'd spend more to be honest.

couldn't do without one now I have on though.

grumm
    Free Member

I've got what I'm pretty sure is the same one with different branding – £65 from Merlin

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/bicycle-stands-workstands-for-bikes/bike-tools-workstand.html

It's decent – happy wth mine.

MoreCashThanDash

I got the Merlin one from their ebay shop – perfectly good enough for my (sh)amateur abilities

pcb
    Free Member

I've got a Merlin one. Very good.

anlegov
    Free Member

I got the Merlin one from CRC about 18 months ago. Holds the bike steady while you fettle – more than good enough.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i've got that one and i wish i'd bought the cheapest park one. it's not really stable enough to do most stuff with.

sv

Park PCS9 works very well for me, metal jaws on the clamp and very weighty/stable. Think those merlin/edinburgh bike coop ones are plastic jawed. Winstanleys had them for £80 a month ago.

mefty
    Free Member

When on a budget, I think the ones that support the bike at the bottom bracket (seem to be referred to as prep stands) tend to give a much more stable bike to work on. Ribble seem to sell a cheapish TACX one – their stuff is normally well thought out.

Northwind

Minoura are very good, their clamp's first class- I reckon better than Park's. My stand's very bulky though, so that's a black mark, but it works better than any other home-use stand I've seen.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a workstand’ is closed to new replies.