Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me a windproof jacket
  • dthom3uk

My regular commute involves a ride of home about nine miles and a climb of over 1000ft.

I bought a softshell recently but found it too hot even on cold days.

Up until about 2 weeks ago I was wearing a base layer, long sleeve jersey and a windproof gillet. I need something more insulating for the colder temperatures but not something I am going to over heat in.

Any idea?

MSP

montane featherlite smock.

BFITH
    Free Member

Just bought a North Face Windwall this weekend….havent used it on the bike yet, but was wearing it out and about yesterday and it certainly does the job…very well made…but not bike specific, so no rear pockets etc….

Wozza
    Free Member

I’ve got an old faithful TNF Apex but recently I got a Rossingnoll Lake Placid from TK Maxx for £40, it’s super light keeps the breeze off, bit stretchy and allows you to breathe without melting. Highly recommended.

mr.rusty
    Free Member

I have used a buffalo windshirt for years for a bike commute of 17 miles 2200ft climb and for running too. This is not the cycle top which I do use if the temp drops past -2. The big advantage over the other pertex tops is that it has full-length side zips and is quite short and loose at the bottom with a shortish zip at the front. Open all the zips and there is a good flow of air – close them if it gets too cold! The only real downside, apart from price, is the colour choice.

It is nowhere near as hot as the Montane (I have one of those too, in my pack for emergency use).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a windproof jacket’ is closed to new replies.