Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Recommend me a watch for biking…
  • rob2
    Free Member

Looking for a new watch for every day and biking duties. Thinking of either something like a casio pro trek but then can’t help thnking I should just get a £15 casio!

What watch options are out there and what would you get? (max budget £130 as it’s a treat)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Go to G-Shock. Pick one you like. Job done.

stevede
    Free Member

+1 for g shock or just a cheapo casio.

JonBurns
    Free Member

I bought one of these after my thread last week regarding Breo watches.

http://www.watchshop.com/casio-classic-chronograph-watch-f-108wh-4aef-p99939454.html

It arrived today and is ace!!

loddrik
    Free Member

Just got a Casio Protrek prg 240T on Ti bracelet. Second hand, perfect ABC watch.

billybob
    Free Member

I had a breo, it didn’t keep time. I now use a cheap cheap casio, keeps time & is cheap enough I don’t care if it breaks. If you gotta lotta cash to splurge then I’d get G-Shock

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

One of these (Osama’s watch of choice) or forget the watch and get one of these – trek time handlebar watch

anto164
    Free Member
    rob2
    Free Member

Man I like those 15 quid retro casios

Kryton57

+1 for any G shock you like the look of.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Casios do the job. I tried a Timex for a bit and the buttons soon got stuck with the grit and mud from winter riding.

chrisdb
    Free Member
    Special_ized_Jamie

What about one of these, really fancy one

http://www.stemcaptain.com/category/stem-cap-clock/

simonm
    Free Member

my wife got me a G-shock for B’day last year.. good girl 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

What do you want it to do? Just tell the time = Gshock.
    HRM duties = Polar.

Harry_the_Spider

G-Shock.

Tom83
    Harry_the_Spider

Ooooohhh…

I like the green one.

Tom83

Not bad for a fiver, ordered myself the dark blue one, but could quite easily get two or three colours!

MRanger156
    Free Member

Bargain, already got a black one but definitely ordering a coloured one. Blue or red?

Tom83

Red!

headfirst
    Free Member

A red and a blue, and a stem captain compass methinks

samuri
    Free Member
    Tom83

That tokyoflash looks awesome!

superfli
    Free Member

I’d not heard of Origo, but bought a granite a few months ago and have been pleased
    http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/Origo_Granite_Peak_C01_Watch/

marka.
    Free Member

Believe it or not, many of the cheap Casio F-91 watches on ebay are fake. You’re still only looking at about £15 for a real one, though.

I ride with either my Polar for HRM duties or my G-Shock Mudman. The latter can certainly take a knock and a load of mud.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

but are those ones fake on the link? the sellers feedback is tip top.

just friggin ordered a pair anyway. guttted if they’re snide.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

for a watch that only cost 10 or 15 notes full tilt, id hate to be sporting a frickin fake! the black’un is £8 on Amazon – that cant be a jekyll!?

ashfanman
    Free Member

I picked up one of the old Casio jobbies on eBay for £4.50 a few months ago. If it’s fake I can’t tell the difference and it works just fine. Gets strapped to the Camelbak when out riding and at that price it doesn’t really matter if it gets wrecked in a crash.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Swatch skins are good for mtbing as the offer no obstruction to your glove and have no weight so don’t bounce around on your wrist on the rough stuff:

http://www.watchshop.com/Skins-Watches.html&prodsperpage=200

soulboy
    Free Member

How about a Marathon Navigator? It’s real military watch. Tells the time (quartz, so accurate timekeeper). Robust & minimalist (there is a date version). Very light, so won’t bounce around on your wrist. Properly luminous. Within your budget, too.

http://www.countycomm.com/navnodate.html

messiah
    Free Member

£1.99.

Attach it to your camelbak shoulder/chest strap where you can see it when you want to.
    No more bouncing watch on your wrist distracting you on the doonhalls.
    Get a nice looking watch for everyday use.

martinhurton
    Free Member

Another vote for a G Shock, had mine for years, used to strap it to my rucksack d rings, it’s taken a lot of hammer at work as well as play and I just throw it in the washing machine with my overalls.

Personally I like an analogue display so bought this one:

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

No more bouncing watch on your wrist distracting you on the doonhalls.

yep, now it is bouncing around right beside your face instead 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Quartz, simple, metal, thin and light, fairly cheap, replaceable strap, for folks who prefer dials.

willard

Timex Ironman Triathlon.

Waterproof, light, stopwatch and timer and best of all 16 quid from Amazon.

Failing that, I’d go for one of the outdoors-type Suuntos so I could be prewarned of the coming apocalypse.

mcboo
    Free Member

Hah that MWC is a G10 special. How I miss mine.

Mark_K

Love my G-Shock take a right beating but just keeps on working +solar powered so no need to worry on batteries for long time and sets its self with the atomic clock so always right! Whats not to like ?

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Them ebay ones are definitely fake, i bought a pair of them and also one from Amazon – there are loads of threads around discussing real/fake F-91’s that confirm it, but the difference is quality is plain for anyone to see.

just strikes me as odd why there is a market for these replicas of such a cheap watch!?

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a watch for biking…’ is closed to new replies.