Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Recommend me a trackpump
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Having got a Blackburn on warranty that hisses like a cobra when pumping up presta valves (even the replacement head did the same thing – I’m off Blackburn pumps now) please recommend me one that works well, shifts great volumes of air (I run tubeless) and doesn’t sound like a pissed-off snake rearing to strike.

Ta!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Topeak Joe Blow

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Joe Blow +1

z1ppy

Joe blow for me too.. had mine years & re-vamped last year it for a couple of quid with parts from SJS.

Also worth checking out: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/need-a-new-track-pumprecommendations

kilo

SKS rennkompressor. my joe blow has not been reliable and a bit of pita

headfirst
    Free Member

Lezyne. Screw on to your valve so no leakage, just make sure you don’t use on road bike inner tubes that have extendable valves with removable centres that you haven’t tightened up with a pair of pliers… 100+psi to 0psi in 0.4secs 👿 😳

But seriously, the lezyne is the last pump I bought after blowing out two others and I’m pretty sure it will be the last track pump I ever buy.

wallace1492
    Free Member

Joe Blow Sports. No complaints at all.

warton
    Free Member

I’ve had a very cheap edinburgh bike coop one for 5 years + now. Always worked great…

IA

My joe blow was good whilst it lasted, but then died after about 5 years. Ditto an edi bikes one.

But i’ve now dismantled both and rebuilt the good parts from each into a mighty frankenpump that’s working well.

Super chuck on the end of the hose, simple and dependable. Though you need to be careful with some valves where it grips a bit too tight and might rip them off.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Pimp what you need is a big boy super-blow. Will never fail to get your dolls to full pressure and has a suck mode with “special” attachments….

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Joe Blow MTN it is then.

And as a positive aside, SS 9-2 is popping round tonight to hiss at me like a cobra and show me his ‘special’ sucking attachments! 😀

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

SKS Rennkompressor or Silca Pista

VanHalen

whatever you do dont buy a bontrager charger. naff. mine only registers 30psi now regardless of actual pressure and is rubbish for tubelessing wheels as its quite a low air flow…?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Joe Blow Mountain ordered.

Considered the Silca and SKS as both are as old and reliable as the hills, but decided that getting in low volume air quick was more useful for tubeless set-ups.

Thanks all.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

low volume air quick was more useful for tubeless set-ups

Good luck – that’s what made me finally give up on my Joe Blow. The easy answer for tubeless is cheap eBay CO2 cartridges. Still about £1 but worth every penny.

nickswolves
    Free Member

Never had a problem with my Tesco active equipment track pump if on a budget http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5179.aspx

carlphillips
    Free Member

i put the same thread up last night

i plumped for the super silca…

aracer
    Free Member

The easy answer for tubeless is cheap eBay CO2 cartridges. Still about £1 but worth every penny.

Though rather more expensive than http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ghetto-tubeless-inflator-total-cost-9p

andyl
    Free Member

Joe Blow Sprint here. The one with the gauge at the top and the air release button. Little things that make life easier.

newbold
    Free Member

Joe Blow Sports really good, highly recommend!

cakefacesmallblock

My new Joe Blow Mountain. Made light work of my very first tubeless attemp at the weekend. Superb bit of kit, moves a lot of air in no time.

stanfree
    Free Member

Edinburgh Bike coop £9.99 model does the job If you want a cheap one.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Good luck – that’s what made me finally give up on my Joe Blow. The easy answer for tubeless is cheap eBay CO2 cartridges. Still about £1 but worth every penny.

Bought some of those too as a back-up. 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a trackpump’ is closed to new replies.