Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me a saddle for under £50 please
  • sandwicheater

After something light and durable that requires no looking after for my new bike.
    Just finishing my build (on one scandal 29er) and the old tatty hand me down saddle just doesn’t look right.
    Think a brown saddle would look good but not overly fussed.

rewski
    Free Member

you should look at the charge spoons, very popular on here

fenred
    Free Member

brown spoon seconded

binners

Charge Spoon in your desired brown. Always favoured WTB saddles before getting one of these. They’re great!

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

+ 1 for the spoon , think they’re going cheaper[er] on Wiggle at the mo

scotroutes

Spoons are good. I don’t think the padding lasts all that long (it seems to compress too much over time) but for the price you can hardly argue – plus getting a comfy saddle is (often literally) a ballache. You could fork out for something much more expensive and find you just don’t get on with it. If that happens with a Spoon there’s a ready second-hand market.

martinhutch

I like my freebie spoon I got with a magazine subscription a few months ago – but the covering is already rubbing away at the nose. Perhaps I have a particularly abrasive arse.

binners

Are your guffs particularly corrosive?

flange
    Free Member

I’ve got a number of more expensive saddles and the spoon is easily the most comfortable. I’ve got three and found that the white one has been less resilient than the brown one, which in turn wore out quicker than the black one. So buy the black one…

sandwicheater

Would seem the spoon in the Cotic Soul of the saddle world in the eyes of the STW hive mind.
    Thanks guys, to the shops!

mattjg
    Free Member

I had a Spoon on my Soul. I sold the Soul, kept the Spoon.

cakefacesmallblock

Spoon replaced a much more costly leather Spesh BG, ti railed, saddle two years ago, it’s starting to wear a little now and perhaps is a little less padded as it’s compressed slightly. I’ll be getting a Spoon again to replace it though.

Duane…
    Free Member

Madison Flux is almost identical to the Spoon, but cheaper, and slightly tougher.

rentachimp
    Free Member

I rode with a spoon for about a year. Am on this, now, and happier with it.
    Gusset Blackjack R-series
    Comes in many colours, including union jack if that’s your thing. Mine’s herringbone tweed.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

SDG Bel Air

all the way, i’ve had two SDG’s now and love them, light too…

here

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a saddle for under £50 please’ is closed to new replies.