Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Recommend Me A Kite and Buggy For The Beach
  • grantway
    Free Member

Has the heading says
    Looking to getting a Kite and Buggy for use on the beach
    Any ideas before entering a shop.

All advice welcome

Cheers

lazybike
    Free Member

I’m a bit out of touch with the latest kit so can’t help there, but if your anywhere near Essex, Bill at Sportscorner will give you good advice and let you try different kites….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As ever, what’s the budget? All my kites are Flexis, but never yet got the buggy bug.

Cougar

I’ve got a Flexifoil buggy for sale if that helps any?

With respect though, the way your question is posed makes me wonder, have you flown a power kite before? If not, you seriously need to consider tuition of some form, be that lessons or knowledgeable friends, or you’re going to put yourself in hospital.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

With respect though, the way your question is posed makes me wonder, have you flown a power kite before? If not, you seriously need to consider tuition of some form, be that lessons or knowledgeable friends, or you’re going to put yourself in hospital.

Agreed. Don’t mess with big kites without knowing what you’re doing.

gusamc
    Free Member

take a kite course
    take a buggy course
    make sure you can fly the kite you’ll use properly
    check beach regs, and population/usage, and never underestimate the lack of understanding of your hobby by other beach users and the arrogance and stupidity of dog owners.
    do all that before buying

*sorry, but it was one of my hobbies that ‘failed’ – I had a Lynn buggy (which I liked) (make sure you get a seat with a backpad and a front mudguard/sprayguard) and a old Flexfoil Hi Tiger 4 (a little big but good in low wind) I gave up as I found it difficult to get enough appropriate personal space and if something rustles along the beach, such as an expensive kite, dogs will chase and bite it…….
    For me it was too much hasle for the fun if you see what I mean.

CountZero

Weston-Super-Mare has a large section of beach near the far beach car park reserved specifically for kite buggies and sand yachts.

chrisdw
    Free Member

I occasionally fly with a land board. Still trying to get the nack!

Get onto the KiteCrowd forum, there are loads of ‘What first kite?’ questions on there.

I have an Ozone Flow 4m which is great.

But as others have said; brush up on the knowledge and skills first.

pacemaker
    Free Member

A flexifoil buggy is a good place to start, a 3.5metre Flexi bullet was the entry level buggy kite when i used to be involved in parakarting.

I would look into lessons, as flying a powerkite and using one to buggy are 2 different things.

Beware it can get very expensive if the bug bites!!

I raced on the PKA series both at home and abroad until a nasty accident stopped me (bad neck damage 🙁 )
    I started with a flexi buggy and ended up with a £1000 chameleon custom kite buggy and 12 PKD race kites.

mactheknife

Yep, if u have a beach and a kite get kite surfing. I have done both and landboarded. Nothing compares to being on the water. A days lesson will get you started and second hand gear is surprisingly cheap off the 2 main forums. But if it’s definitely buggying you want check out kite crowd forum for advice and gear

grantway
    Free Member

Hi Guys
    Thank you for the info
    Nope never used one and totally fresh
    Wanted mainly to be used on the Beach, unsure what type of buggy
    probably one with a wider axle and fat wheels.
    Regarding kite i am thinking of a 3 metre traction kite what one mmmm Give me a clue please.

CountZero

Buggying around at Weston-Super-Mare.

Cougar

Nope never used one and totally fresh

Then you need to read what we’ve written.

I’d suggest mastering a kite before even thinking about a buggy.

Where are you in the country?

Cougar

Power kites pull a bit.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

Check that you can go buggying where you want as it may well be banned or have allsorts of rules and restrictions.
    At Weston-super-mare you need to join the local club and have insurance

grantway
    Free Member

Hi Cougar
    I am in East London but close to Blackheath where a lot of kite flyers meet on a Sunday

Also found a course in Camber Sands not exactly close.

But all will be used on this beach in Spain its a Natural Blue flagged beach about 11 miles long
    and very flat and firm covering of sand and complete with sand dunes has a back drop and pine trees after that.

Second hand buggies what do you need to look for and how much less to buy than new ?

So what Buggy and kit will be needed please !!

CountZero

As Cougar says, I was watching some people kite boarding at Bratton Camp, Westbury, on a pretty windy afternoon.
    One bloke had his arm held together with an interesting metal framework, where a sudden gust had yanked him off his feet as he stopped the board. Another bloke there said no way were they getting the boards out, but one bloke had steel cojones and was getting a good six to seven feet clear of the ground with his kite board!
    Bugger that, I thought!

grantway
    Free Member

Sod that CountZero
    I only want to cruise up and down the beach

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Agreed. Don’t mess with big kites without knowing what you’re doing.

This. Buggys take up allot of space of the beach + are a danger to the armchair pilot + everyone else if you are not good. The novice kite buggy types on our local beach last year encountered allot of hostility / agro.

grantway
    Free Member

OK Thanks everyone for your input !

cbike
    Free Member

I want a whike. http://www.whike.com/en/

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Recommend Me A Kite and Buggy For The Beach’ is closed to new replies.