Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Recommend me a holiday – Biking & Beach
  • dickie
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend me a holiday in October for my partner & I?
    Were looking for warm sunny beach holiday with the opportunity for some XC mountain biking &/or road biking, possibly a days guided riding. Nothing full on down hill or really technical off road.
    Chance of some water sports.
    Bike hire – quality bikes not supermarket bikes.
    Full or half board.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Beech holiday? Up a tree you mean?

Beech

BeAch

😉
    😀

Sorry. I get this all the time – I live on Beech Road!

nicko74

Oh, and while we're at it, obviously many places do provide a bathroom so you can indulge in all the water sports you want! 😉
    I'm a big fan of Murcia – you can get there with sleazyjet, and there are beaches, plus some mountains and trails about 2 hours' drive away. The weather is pretty tasty, and it's all good. Hurrah!

dickie
    Free Member

Ooops – Corrected it – thanks.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ohhh, some swift editing there Dickie! 😀

dickie
    Free Member

Thanks – don't want to drive anywhere – trails from the resort please.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Now I look like a pillock, don't I? 😉

dickie
    Free Member

A bit yes!

gusamc
    Free Member

try sunsail and neilson holiday sites, check offers sections
    watersports orientated with bikes on the go

phiiiiil

PP – the URL still says beech, so you can still be half-smug… 🙂

keyses2

Cyprus ?

Weather is still good in October (thats when we usually go).

I've had a days ride (and would book again) with http://www.gekkomountainsport.com, based in the Paphos area, they pick you up from where your staying

loulouk
    Free Member

Oh how odd. We're looking to do the same thing and have settled on Ibiza cos we know a nice man with an apartment there. Average temp very low 20C's, riding doesn't look too technical, there's a company who rent Cannondale hardtails or full sussers and do guided days, and the scenery looks quite quite lovely away from the awfulness of San Antonio. Lots of secluded little coves some of which you'll need a car to get to, sea temp looks decent, about 17C or something…..
    I've never actually been though, someone else will need to confirm the fabness.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Never been in October but Ibiza is indeed fab as long as you stay away from San Antonio

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Neilson, Neilson, Neilson.

That is all!

Happy to provide more info on the resorts if you like! And before you ask, I'm not on their payroll, but once or twice I think I should have been! 😉

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Club Vass. Windsurfing centre in Greece that has a load of decent Marins and a guide to show you about. Sail in the morning, ride in the afternoon, innit.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

We´ve probably got the best climate in Europe down here on the coast of Southern spain. First 2 weeks of October warm and sunny (probably) but after that possibility of some rain. Weather good for biking, not so good for sunbathing, swimming or water sports. Quality Giant hire bikes.
    Check us out on http://www.sierracycling.com.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Try Finale Ligure ,supposed to be sone excellent trails there and you ride down to the coast from the mountains and the weather will be good .Am hoping to get there next year .Best times of year to ride there are spring/autumn .try here

postierich
    Free Member

Just back(well 2 weeks ago) from Sierra cycling other half is the pic of the week fab time.
    Quality hire bikes and look as though there was plenty of road riding!

Rich

debaser

Soller in Mallorca perhaps?

Was walking GR221 when I was out there but it looked like there was some cracking riding to be found in the area, both on and off road.

Tramuntana Tours are very friendly and hire out some decent skinny/fat tyred bikes.

Water was warm enough for swimming IMO. Just so you can guage that, I reckon it's warm enough off the west coast of Scotland in Summer too 😉 There's a beach in Port de Soller which was okay but with a wee wander up the coast you can find some amazing, and deserted, little coves to swim in.

Think the Tramuntana folk do sea kayaking trips too and the coastline looks like it would be really nice to paddle down.

gekkoman
    Free Member

Take a look at this

null

Cyprus

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Not always warm but Cornwall ticks most boxes there…

Jujuuk68
    Free Member
    foxyrider
    Free Member

+++ Neilson Active holidays – been on 5 of them to date – MTB not super technical but a good mix of activities inc beach (sailing, windsurfing, waterskiing etc etc ).

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a holiday – Biking & Beach’ is closed to new replies.