• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Del.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me a helemt mount light
  • Denno17
    Free Member

I was thinking of ay-ups but by the time I pay import tax, vat it is going to get a bit pricey. I want something that is not yellow light like halogens. Any ideas?????

farm-boy

P7 torch from Deal Extreme? Very bright, nice and cheap and def not yellow. Run time is only about 1 hour on high before you will have to swap the battery over.

Hold the torch on with this.

You'll also need batteries and a charger.

stumpy01

I have just bought my parnter an LED Lenser torch for her job. It's the Police Tech Focus one that I can't find on their website but it's widely available.

I looked at the P7's but she didn't want something that took non-standard batteries & would require a dedicated charger etc.

I took some pics last night compared to the Tesco LED AA torch. I will try & post them up here in a bit. I was quite impressed.

The spec is here….

Features:
    – Focusing prism system
    – High intensity 1.25 watt CREE LED
    – Spot to flood focus, simply by twisting the head of the torch
    – Maximum intensity with 105 Lumens
    – Lightweight aircraft aluminium casing
    – Rear tail cap switch with Constant beam or flash signal mode
    – Durable nylon pouch and lanyard included

Specifications:
    Burn Time – Up to 50 hours
    Dimensions – 130 x 32mm
    Weight – 144g
    Power Supply – 3 x AAA alkaline batteries included
    Colour – Black

stumpy01

No light in garden:

Tesco Torch:

LED Lenser narrow focus:

LED Lenser mid focus:

LED Lenser wide focus:

Only £28 delivered from Amazon – battery life is supposedly 50hrs but I would be suprised if it managed that for this much light output! Still impressive – it seems really well made, with decent o-ring seals & a positive action on the switch & focus ring.

EDIT – camera was set to manual mode for consistent results & the bush at the end of the garden is about 8m away (8 long strides).

The spec says it has a flashing mode – but it doesn't.

Oh, and looking at the pic of the Tesco torch, I hadn't set it to quite the same angle as the LED Lenser, but even so you can get a fair idea of the performance.

Del

alternatively the cree wf 606a q5 from dealexetreme is still pretty good. been using one on my bonce for a year or so now as a supplement to hid on the bar. about 15 quid it runs on two aa and is easily mounted on your lid with cable ties, velcro or bits of old inner tube.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a helemt mount light’ is closed to new replies.