Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a good chain guide for two rings and a bash set up
  • squattingmouse
    Free Member

My homemade/spares chain guide which coped on the hardtail isn’t now cutting the mustard on it’s new coiler type home. What are you all running and how reliable/hassle free are they?

furry_marmot
    Free Member

MRP Long Range Patrol. faultless in my experience.

Blackspire Dewlie looks nice too, though haven’t used it.

alternatively, just get a Hammerschmidt 🙂

swisstony
    Free Member

I’ll be getting a blackspire stinger when CRC have them back in stock

squattingmouse
    Free Member

What I’m using now is sort of like a blackspire stinger. It’s a very old DMR chain reactor I got off fleabay. I’m losing the chain when getting close to bottoming out the rear end as the swingarm moves up enough to allow the chain off the top of the roller. I can’t run it any higher due to the shape of the swingarm in the first place.

I’m thinking the E13 ones (shudders at cost) may do the way to go as the lower chaincage appears to be enclosed, stopping the chain from escaping from the guide roller/jockey wheel. Is this right? Anyone got any good or bad comments about these? I particularly like the look of the ones that come with no bashguard.

carlphillips
    Free Member

i had a drs, worked faultlessly.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

At the minute the best on the market is the E13 DRS. The only downside is it’s pretty heavy (mostly the bash). You could offset some of the weight by using a gamut bashring, or if you can hold off for a while Gmaut are releasing their own dual ring bash guid later this year which will be simialarly priced to e13 but no doubt a fraction of the weight.

Prototypes are already doing the rounds with some Gamut dealers getting their paws on them. Maybe call round your lbs and have a word, you might be able to get some fancy prototype bits before anyone else.

Vortexracing

DRS for me

trailmonkey

Genuine question. Why do you need a chain device running two ring/bash ?

squattingmouse
    Free Member

trailmonkey – not sure. The chain is the correct length, admittedly it is a long cage rear mech so that may not be helping but it just kept coming off on the hardtail frame that went before this one.

jwr

I am very happy with my E.13 DRS – had it on the Bullit for 3 years now, still going strong.

-j

twohats
    Free Member

MRP LRP works fine for me.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

trailmonkey

Genuine question. Why do you need a chain device running two ring/bash ?

If your doing jumps or drops, or y’know going fast over rough stuff you need it to keep the chain on.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a good chain guide for two rings and a bash set up’ is closed to new replies.