Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a Gilet
  • Bregante

I quite fancy a decent down Gilet and was looking at the Alpkit one which seemed decent value but they no longer do it (new 2013 ones being released next spring). I’ve also looked at the Berghaus Akka, TNF Nuptse and the Rab Neutrino. Would anyone care to recommend any of the above or recommend something else?

Would prefer not to go much over £100 really.
    Thanks

aP
    Free Member

PHD, and they’ve got a sale on at the moment.

Mounty_73

I can recommend the Rab Neutrino, its a very good vest.

Fit is spot on and warmth is very good, it has to be very cold for me to even consider getting it out.

Frankers
    Free Member

I have the TNF Nuptse which I wear all the time in the winter, I also love Rab gear to so either so will be alreet with

Albanach
    Free Member

I’ve got a North Face Nuptse and love it. Seriously warm and stows away in its own inside pocket which I think is great.

£99 here at the minute.

CountZero

The Uniqlo ultralight down gilets are very good for the money. Obviously not as toasty as a RAB or Alpkit, but a hell of a lot cheaper, somewhere around £40-50, iirc.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Not down but I have a Rab Generator gillet and its one of the best bits of kit iv’e owned – packs down to nothing to go in camleback but super warm.

sunshiner1der
    Free Member

I have the alpkit, but my next will be phd, either Kappa or Minimus depending on funds at the time

scruff9252

Picked up one of these last month;

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-down-gilet-mens-443343

Karrimore down gilet for under £40. Pretty happy & good quality all considered.

brooess
    Free Member

depends why you want it. I have TNF down for urban use. Very warm and tough. And a Rab Generator synthetic for hill use – packs up v small and ideal for summit stops in Scotland in winter, Surprisingly warm

jam-bo

i’ve been resisting buying the arcteryx atom lt vest in my local outdoor shop but i might just have to next time the temperature drops.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Gilet’ is closed to new replies.