Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Recommend me a bike stand!
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Okay so Mr MC has said he maybe fancies a bike stand for the garage for all the mammoth hours of bike tinkering that he does!! we have been suggested Park Tool or some of the ones that you can get on the 2 Pure website. Want something that folds away, not too bothered about it being light weight to take away with us.

Any suggestions please? Thanks in advance.

br
    Free Member

Park PCS9

Wooliferkins
    Free Member

TACX? maybe

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crispedwheel
    Free Member

F+D – I've had this one for about two years – does the job well (although out of stock at CRC at the moment: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5787

uplink
    Free Member

One of these

Really good clamping & sturdy, folds up nice too

fbk
    Free Member

Park PCS-10. Bit more compact and an easy to use QR clamp. Wouldn't be without mine now

edit – and it all folds away nicely too 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Okay he's now said he isn't so botherd about it folding away. Does that changes things at all as to what we should maybe be looking at?? Cheers for the recommendations so far I'll get looking (oh and get Mr MC to have a look at this thread too!).

Uplink … blinking heck that's an expensive one though! do you think it justifys the extra £80 on top of some of the others??

uplink
    Free Member

I dunno really, maye not

I bought mine last year for much less – they do her,cheaper models

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I have just seen that Park Tool have this cool tray you can get too, Mr MC has found that! he seemed more excited by the tray than the stand! oh boys and their toys. The tray is here:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=37291

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Okay so I've been looking at the Park Tool PCS9 or PCS10 it appears the only difference is the 10 has a quick release system. How good is this? Is it really worth paying the extra £50 for a quick release system? How sturdy is it? Thoughts please thanks!

FuzzyWuzzy

The Ultimate Feedbacks are very good IME and you get the excellent back-up from 2-pure). They're not exactly cheap though but I'm OK with paying a lot for something that's stable and easy to use and going to last for years. That said some of the cheaper makes may do the job just as well…

scottalej
    Free Member

I've had one of these for 4 years or more. Brilliant, very sturdy, stable, easily adjustable and only £50 at the moment. Optional tool tray is handy as well.

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebwPNLqrymode.a4p?f%5FProductID=5379&f%5FSupersetQRY=C287&f%5FSortOrderID=1&f%5Fbct=c003154c003136c003544

br
    Free Member

No don't pay for the QR clamp, as its a pain when you want to put a different size post (or anything else) in, and have to 're-adjust' it – just get the Park 9!

Crell
    Free Member

After a couple of years of use, the pro-elite clamp on the Ultimate / Feedback is a pointless thing, and offers no real benefit. Otherwise it's great, but buy a less expensive one – i.e. one without the "fancy" QR Pro Elite clamp.

snaps
    Free Member
    grumm
    Free Member

I've got that edinburgh cycles one too – it's excellent for the money. You can get a version with a tray on that as well but I think it's badged under a different name.

Edit: ah ok they sell the trays too 😳

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Cool I've gone for the edinburgh cycles one with the tray which has a magnetic compartment! Ace, let's hope he isn't expecting it to be wrapped up!!!!!!

clunker

Another Park PCS9 vote.

PROLINE85
    Free Member
    joemetcalfm
    Free Member

http://www.2pure.co.uk/Feedback-Sports-Pro-Elite-Repair-Stand
    this is our spare stand at work. its well worth the money too.

sv

Another PCS-9 vote here, never feel the need for a QR clamp. It's well sturdy and the clamping jaws are metal with nice rubber facings that are replaceable. Winstanleys 'we're' doing them for £80 and CRC price matched them for me.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yeah but Joemetcalfm look at the prices of it!!! It may be good but £264 for a bike stand .. except being light weight to transport (which I don't need!!!!).

andyxxx
    Free Member

Useful thread – just purchased the Edinburgh Cycles one for £50 – delivery Wed.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Park Tools PRS15 Professional Race Workstand – last forever but costs a lot 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a bike stand!’ is closed to new replies.