Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend a kettle
  • Pieface

Can anybody recommend an electric kettle that will last longer than 3 years? Are Dualit kettles worth paying the extra for?

ade
    Free Member

Yes! We bought one a couple of years ago and it’s going strong – not missed a beat, but best of all there’s hardly any scale build up on the element despite our water being harder than Chuck Norris in a bad mood. Our previous kettle wimped out after 18 months.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

chewkw
    Free Member

No point as those electrical kettle will keep on dying, I gave up on them long time ago as they kept dying on me. Those cheapo plastic ones. Besides many are now made of plastic or at least consist of many plastic parts.

If you really want a reliable kettle go for those traditional stove top kettle. They are not cheap but at least they will last you a life time if you do not abuse it.

I know you ask for an electric kettle but stove top kettle only requires you to change your life style a little i.e. you may need to keep an eye on it if it does not have a whistle.

John Lewis own stainless steel stove top whistling kettle is very good if you can fine one.

I am getting one of this soon … Sori Yanagi’s design.

Cougar

I’ve been through a series of kettles over the years, all of which developed incontinence within a few months.

First one I’ve had that’s stood the test of time is branded Wahl of all people. It’s brilliant. It says “Martin” on it which I think was some tie-in with a celebrity cook or hairdresser or something, but that aside I can’t fault it.

FuzzyWuzzy

Where I work they replaced the normal cheap supermarket ‘fail every 3 months’ type kettle in the office with a Burco commercial kettle. OK it’s still going strong a year later but it has the power of a light bulb, it’s about 10 minutes for a full boil.

doglover
    Free Member

Think John Lewis offer a good warranty period for their kettles, no problems so far with mine.

qwerty
    Free Member

We spent £20 on one from Waitrose which is a part of John Lewis so if it borks we are covered.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a kettle’ is closed to new replies.