• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recomend me a reliable (and cheap) vaccum cleaner?
  • wiggles
    Free Member

Spent £90 on a vax that was reduced from £180 about six months ago and it has just gone through it’s 10th belt… costing a few quid a time this is not working out as the bargain as I thought it would and is a massive pain in the arse…

I spent £50 on a hoover before and that packed in after only about a year…

Not got loads of cash to spend at the moment so a dyson is out of the question (unless 2nd hand maybe?) but can someone please recommend me something that won’t need constant maintenance? would rather sacrifice some performance and it work alright all the time not just work well every now and again.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Get a Henry. About £100 and seem to last forever!

pcb
    Free Member

Henry? I’m looking at buying one.

Meant to be bullet proof. The only down side is buying the bags.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bags for Henry can be had at a fiver for ten from Amazon, so not too expensive really. Screwfix also do them fairly cheaply. I use one for work…it gets a fair old beating and comes back for more (always with a smile on its face of course). And it’s made in the UK. The only thing that annoys me is that the hose always seems to be an uncooperative little flecker.

wiggles
    Free Member

Yeah henry seems like the best option, glad you guys backed it up.

cbike
    Free Member

If you use the search function there are multiple vacuum threads. Save you a lot of time.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If you use the search function

Save you a lot of time.

😆

daveh
    Free Member

I was going to suggest Henry also.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

henry. dont bother with bags. wash the filter in the dishwasher occasionally

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Just sold mine, it was just sat there, gathering dust….

uselesshippy
    Free Member

+1 for a henry.
    Absolutely bomb proof.

simmy
    Free Member

Used our Henry yesterday to Vacuum the Rear Seats of my Mums Car which were covered in Labrador Hair and couldn’t believe how easy and effective it was at cleaning.

Even cleaning the School car, which gets filthy, is easy and it will lift the Carpets in the House if they are not fastened down properly.

ninfan
    Free Member

Another vote for Henry – or perhaps more accurately the trade version, the Numatic NRV200 – less prone to falling over and a longer cord.

My dad was a chief electrician at a factory, they tried pretty much everything over the years and every time went back to numatics out of bombproofness and servicability

tron
    Free Member

Henrys are more or less indestructible, but they are poor on carpets when compared to anything with a beater / brush bar, and they’re hard work to shove around.

The Henry is basically the anti Dyson. Stuff your filters, your bagless and your fancy motors, we’ve stuck a massive fan straight onto the end of a massive motor.

Next thing we’ll be getting is one of those little rechargeable uprights.

bigblackshed

Henry here. All hard floors with a couple of rugs so no issues with carpets. Bombproof.

Professional and industrial cleaner all use them, so they must be good and / or last.

cozz
    Free Member

henry are good,, just bought a karcher wey/dry vac for £35 from b&Q used it for house renovation vac duties, seems really good

andyl
    Free Member

Love my Karcher for worksop/DIY mess but the brush head is useless for things like pet hairs on carpet. The bristles just clog up.

We’ve got an an old vax that used to eat belts. For some reason it hasnt done so for about 3 years now and has a lot of power.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me a reliable (and cheap) vaccum cleaner?’ is closed to new replies.