Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • joint presents…. feigning delight… share your crap present stories here…..
  • alpin
    Free Member

perhaps i’m being selfish, but i don’t want to share.

just been round the (almost) in-laws and the GF and i recieved a jar of chilli sauce, a calender (the sort your mum got from the milk man years ago and used to hang on the fridge) and a “brunch” for two.

how are you meant to feign excitement upon seeing a 150gr jar of chilli sauce…?

bit gutted. 🙁

what crappy, disappointing presents have you recieved?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You’ve done the inlaws a week before xmas and you’re complaining… ?

scaredypants

you grumpy sod – seems they’re either not into presents in a big way or else they hate you and are disowning their daughter along with you

Rorschach
    Free Member

iridebikes
    Free Member

ill take the chilli sauce of you if you want?

iDave
    Free Member

what did you buy them?

alpin
    Free Member

what did you buy them?

a decent bottle of red, a spinning top that has a pencil in the end so it draws nice little swirly lines (her mum has one next to the phone and stands there spinning it when she talks) and a weekend away for the pair of them at a 4 star spa/health place down south in the alps.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oh dear… they just don’t like you 🙁

RustySpanner

They really, really hate you, don’t they? 😀

Best thing to do to even up the present ratio is just to steal something you like next time you visit.

Or if you don’t like theivery, just break something they like.

Hope this helps.

RichPenny
    Free Member

You can play on the obvious guilt they’ll feel to wring a 5* honeymoon out of them. Good plan 😆

brakes
    Free Member

that’s just not cricket.
    there’s only one answer.
    set their hair on fire.

project
    Free Member

They may have a sence of humour and your big pressiw will be delivered on xmas day.

or,

theyre real saddo tight miserable types, who dont believe in spending money.

You decide.

Tom-B
    Free Member

own with bombers and wee in their shoes?

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

9 Posts and not a single threat of “Marzocchi’s finest”?

What is STW coming to?

I once got a toaster, from my mum. It deemed a bit odd, as I still lived at home, and er, we already had a toaster in the kitchen.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes you are not their favourite or they are crap at presents

next year post up a thread november time for crap present advice.

jhw
    Free Member

asked for some chrome goggles, they didn’t have to be expensive (the ones I asked specifically about were £20) but did have to be completely reflective

got some super super expensive Oakleys (over a hundred quid) but with translucent red lenses, not shiny chrome ones

I know it’s silly but gah!

especially as they were scratched to shit after one ride…my trails have many holly bushes that you have to ride through…which is why I asked for not expensive ones…mtbing destroys goggles!

Rorschach
    Free Member

I got a vice one year and a torch the next.

CountZero

Not so much a crap pressy, but friends of mine like to give odd and unusual things, sometimes a bit cheesy, sometimes really delightful, and one year they gave me an insulated mug. Sat in its box for ages and ages until I started my present job, and I found myself making a mug of tea, carrying on working then remembering it, only to find it cold after twenty minutes. Suddenly remembered the insulated mug, and I must say its possibly the most used pressy I’ve ever had. Keeps my tea drinkable for about an hour and a half, after two hours it’s time for a fresh brew.

wallop

I once got a toaster, from my mum. It deemed a bit odd, as I still lived at home, and er, we already had a toaster in the kitchen.

Perhaps it was a hint.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘joint presents…. feigning delight… share your crap present stories here…..’ is closed to new replies.